“Glass found in food”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Glass found in food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Would never come here again as I found glass in my food..! When I felt this in my mouth and took a bite I knew it was something that I shouldn't have bitten into. I was absolutely shocked. Once we complained to the management team, they took the pieces back into the kitchen and came out saying it was 'only plastic, and not to worry'. I did not bother taking the complaint any further as I didn't see the point, but I will never eat from here again, nor would I recommend it.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank AmmaK123

Manchester, United Kingdom
“A greedy business that highlights self-obsessed Hindus”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I've been to Chai Paani on numerous occasions, particularly during my University days 08-11. However my most recent visit will be my last. It was a Saturday mid-afternoon (3-4pm) and I, my father and my two brothers decided to have a masala chai each and a couple of Bombay sandwiches to fill the hunger gap between lunch and dinner.

After taking a seat and ordering our chai and sandwiches, the waitress returned a couple of minutes afterwards, stating that we cannot eat here unless we order more food, raising an eyebrow to this, I decided, ok, we'll order another Bombay sandwich. The waitress then replied, that we can't order the sandwiches unless we buy items from the main menu.

Realising that this has become a joke, my brothers and I looked at each and we decided to leave, but before I left I couldn't resist asking to speak to the manager to gain a better insight into the greedy mentality behind those who run this establishment.

I called the manager and asked him to explain why we couldn't simply have 4 masala chai's and 2 Bombay sandwiches. His reason was that there were customers who wanted main meals and due to us not ordering a main meal we weren't allowed to eat in and also that Chai Paani was a restaurant NOT a cafe. I argued my point that the name of the establishment is Chai Paani, referring to Tea and water, a so called joint to refresh yourself and that was clearly what we were doing. I also made the point that this looks more like a cafe rather than a restaurant. The exchange between us became heated and the manager told us to go elsewhere for chai. Considering this is Belgrave Road, the heart of the Hindu community and Hindus are taught with the ideals of treating others with the utmost respect, the manager and Chai Paani are clearly not adhering to this. Here is a Hindu whose mindset is clearly on himself and his money pot, has Ram bhakt bhajans playing in the background with his Shiv murti beside his cash till and who probably goes to his place of worship reciting prayers and performing rituals to remove badness and restore goodness in life. Typical. This one problem the Hindu community face, Hindus who really don't care about anyone other than themselves.

I dislike such people and their businesses, I would never go again and I recommend everyone considering to go there to avoid it.

17 Thank Abhimanyu14
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A greedy business that highlights the problem with self-obsessed Hindus”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

• Visited July 2013
7 Thank Abhimanyu14
“Absuolutely Shocking”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

i brought 5 friends from outside leicester to this place, and it is the worst mistake i made.

firstly, we ordered several items from manchurian to paneer to dahi samosa and noodles with some drinks,
- the noodles were 3 different types. all looked the same except one which was pink, and all taste the same with a difference in heat and amount of onions. not impressed.
- the paneer was coated in batter to make them crispy, so the flavour is only on the outside.
- the manchurian was a ball of flour. disgusting.
- the dahi samosa was dahi with one samosa, cut up into tiny pieces (SERIOUSLY?!)
- drinks was the worst. we ordered milkshakes at the beginning of the order and received them after we had finished eating.

everyone was extremely disappointed. portions were kiddie sized and when it became hot, they opened the door to a cold wind. toilet was out of service

looking on the FSA website, there is no record of them. i would not recommend them to any person as i vomitted it back out an hour later.

all in all not an experience worth having. and when we asked to contact the owner, we were outright refused any information.

10 Thank Rajen M
“ Milkshake fiasco & artifcial noodles”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

>General:
Bit expensive for the quality of the food.
Refused to show food hygiene certificate.
Wouldn't recommend this place.

>Service was terrible:
We asked for milkshake twice and finally were told "no milkshake today, we're too busy"... then they brought the milkshake anyway!
Other customers were verbally getting annoyed that they were waiting so long for their order - other's food was coming out well before theirs.

We sat down as 4 asking for a table for 6 as we were waiting for a couple of friends. Within minutes the staff started taking the other 2chairs away!

>Food:
All the food arrived long before the drinks (even a can of coke).
The noodles were artificial and lacked flavour - do not order... ever. Rest of food was Ok.

>Drinks:
Also refused us tap water - bottled only!

Toilets out of order.