“Great breakfast”

Cuisines: Cafe
Leicester
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

Nice little cafe. Friendly staff. Nice food on a quaint town. I definitely recommend going there for the fry up

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank travelledTheWorld33

Leicester, UK
“Expensive and Slapdash”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

There is a sign outside this place that proudly states ‘We Make Great Coffee’: it encouraged us in but it’s a hollow boast – but more of that in a moment. Our paninis were fine, but pretty titchy for the money (high-end big city prices in a small satellite town?) and the small ramekin of salad could’ve done with some of that new-fangled dressing stuff you may have heard of.

Now for the ‘great’ coffee: I suppose I can’t really comment because our lattes didn’t appear to have any actual coffee in them. Also, the milk appeared to be skimmed, as well as boiled (we didn’t order skinny lattes….or coffee-less lattes for that matter). To be fair, I think I did detect a miniscule essence of coffee right at the bottom of the milk, but it turned out to be stray grounds.

Being someone who knows a little about ‘great’ coffee, I’m guessing that whichever berk made our lattes didn’t put fresh coffee in the portafilter basket and simply ran thru some old stuff instead. Not only did they fail to notice this glaring error and start again, they then proceeded to mercilessly pulverise the milk with steam and glibly pour insult onto injury. Then they had the audacity to actually serve these insipid, coffee and froth-free monstrosities to paying customers!

I suppose we should’ve just took them back and complained, but the place was busy (lord knows why) and well, if they allow rubbish like that to be served then you don’t know what reaction you’ll get. So we just ate our little paninis and naked salad (it didn’t take long), drank our watery hot milk and left (15 quid lighter).

Expensive and slapdash – go elsewhere.

• Visited April 2013