“Good leg room”
Review of De Montfort Hall

De Montfort Hall
Ranked #14 of 112 things to do in Leicester
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Went to De Montfort Hall (DMH) to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert in early March 2014. We opted to park in a side street down the road and do a short walk to the venue, as previous experience of the car park was a nightmare - with the venue being on a tight bend, and the exit to the car park on the same bend, it can get very chaotic when everyone is leaving at the same time.

Although I have been to DMH previously for concerts, this was the first time I had been to watch a show and therefore to sit in the stalls. Leg room was very good compared to other theatres I have been to in the region, and the seats were pretty comfortable too. I didn't get a drink at the bar, nor did I purchase any food, so can't comment on prices, service etc. My only gripe is the choice of seats I picked was based on the venue's seating plan. I therefore, thought we had seats about 7 rows from the front, and so not too close, but when we went into the auditorium we were in the third row. Being so close meant having to look up for most of the production and not being able to see the actors' feet! Despite this experience I would happily go back, but would be more mindful of the seating plan.

1  Thank Gastronomic_Gal

Reviewed 16 April 2014

An old fashioned venue, fully up to date, offering a lovely atmosphere. They have superb shows, offering excellent value for money. The staff obviously love their jobs, because 'it shows'!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife and I have spent many happy evenings at concerts, shows and a variety of entertainments at DMH. Always a pleasure and a good welcome from the theatre staff.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Medium sized Theatre. Lots of different shows something for everyone. seating in the side tires but uncomfortable made sure to get a seat in the main block!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Been to De Montfort Hall for stand up and gigs and I l really like the venue.You can tell it's well looked after. Beautiful surroundings too.. I also had my graduation here too...

Easy to get to by car but I always preferred to walk as it wasn't far from the town and Uni...