“poor food”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“poor food”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Visited this restaurant at lunch time on a groupon voucher offering a pasta dish and a glass of wine for £5 which seemed a good deal as i thought ' you can't go wrong with pasta'. The restaurant itself is up a flight of stairs an into quite pleasant surroundings with italian street scenes on the wall so good first impressions. The waiter was polite and offered us a menu with a reasonable selection. Myself and my partner chose differnt dishes. The meals arrived and she commented that her pasta was tasteless. A thin watery sauce was swimming around her pasta. I tasted her meal and can confirm there was no taste from her dish. My meal looked better on the eye but again was tasteless.
We both drank our wine and left the pasta dishes.
I did not think it was worth complaining for the sake of £5 each and as i had handed my voucher over there seemed no point.
In conclusion nice surroundings, nice waiter, very poor food.

1 Thank henke2000

“New restaurant”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Went here on a Saturday night at 1930 in a party of six and found not a lot on offer
Maybe due to 50,000 kasabian fans in Leicester
Lovely hosts but being a new restaurant they need to make their mark as a restaurant with good food
Going to return in a month and see if things have improved as there is a lot of potential here!!

“Room for improvement”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Visited the restaurant for lunch today on a Groupon voucher. No problems at all with the booking, and pleased to see more diners which lent a bit more atmosphere. Our young waiter was great and very attentive and explained our 'Groupon' menu deal to us. My husband ordered the bread and dipping oil. The oil was cheap and nasty and not a very pleasant taste in the mouth. My husband ordered the chicken arrabiata pasta which he quite enjoyed, apart from it being very under seasoned. I ordered the chicken penne pasta which was very bland and again under seasoned. House wines fine, considering the deal. This was our second visit so probably won't return for a third.

East Midlands, United Kingdom
“booked but when i arrived it was shut”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Booked this restaurant on a groupon deal. Booked on Thursday for Saturday night at 8 pm. Had left my phone number on answer machine and call was picked up by Sacha, who returned my call but I was out- so on my answering machine. Managed to speak to him later to book for 8pm on Saturday night.
Took 2 friends- arrived and it was closed. Bar next door said he hadn't opened the previous night either ??
Phoned restaurant and was forwarded to an answer phone. So I left a message.
It would have been nice and a common courtesy for them to contact us if there was a problem. At that time of night went to 2 local restaurants but of course at this late time they were fully booked.I have asked for a refund of my groupon voucher.

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just had a dinner in the restaurant last week. Met the owner and spoke to the chef, both really nice people, very welcoming. Food was lovely and the service is just on the right side of being personal without being intrusive.
On a nice day, I can see that seating outside at the front would be a nice place to sit and watch the world go by, as the terrace looks over the pedestrianized thoroughfare, with lots of bars and other business surrounding L'espresso.
I'm coming back to this place!

• Visited May 2014