Two night stay for two people (we paid £49 including breakfast per night). The room was clean (seemed very new) and had a kettle (though very little supplies - we brought our own supply of tea bags and milk). Our bathroom had a shower. The bathroom door became the loo door allowing one person to use the loo and the other to use the bathroom. A hair-drier was supplied, as was liquid soap and shampoo.
Breakfast was fine - self-service - with toast, croissants, scrambled egg, baked beans, sausages, cereals, tinned fruit, apples, oranges, delicious blueberry muffins, nice coffee machine, a variety of teas. The juice was pretty cruddy but no worse than expected.
One nice feature is that in the corridors at night the firedoors (or are they just sound-proofing?) are closed, giving a better chance of undisturbed sleep from noisy neighbours.
The hotel is in a bit of a grim-looking area. It's within a few seconds walk of the Walkers Stadium, but not a lot else. However parking is free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Leicester City is ideally located, adjacent to the Leicester City Football Club, King Power Stadium and Conference Centre. At the hotel, we offer 110 well appointed en-suite rooms with shower, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, hair dryer and comfort cooling, the hotel also has a bar area, lounge and dining area.The hotel has easy access to the A5460, M1, M69, and M6 motorways and is within driving distance of East Midlands Airport, Birmingham International Airport, Nottingham, Birmingham , Derby, Silverstone and Northampton, The National Space Centre, Donnington Park Race Way, Malory Race Way, Leicester Cricket Ground and Leicester Horse Racing to name but a few. Within minutes you can be surrounded by the beautiful countryside of Leicestershire and surrounding counties, with places of interest such as, Rockingham Castle, Belvoir Castle, Oakham Castle, Burghley House and Warwick Castle. For the more adventurous there is Rutland Water with it's wildlife, cycling tracks, Water Sports and purpose made paths for walking.The Express by Holiday Inn Leicester Walker Stadium also makes an ideal base if you are visiting the historic city cathedral, with a host of traditional shops to choose from. Also boasting the Shires Shopping Centre and Fosse Retail Park within 3m. The nightlife of Leicester City Centre is within minutes of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Leicester City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Leicester Walkers Stadium Hotel Leicester
- Holiday Inn Leicester
- Leicester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Leicester City Leicestershire