It's in a good location right opposite the football stadium and is your usual Holiday Inn place. That's not a bad thing though as I see the chain as the McDonald's of hostelry in that no matter where you go in the UK, you know exactly what you are going to get.
I had a bit of concern with my room in that it was adjacent to the lift shaft, but turned out not to be a problem.
The room was atypical of what you can expect - clean, modern and adequate facilities.
Breakfast was decent, with a wide choice. The reception area is a little too hot though, so my only criticism would be to turn the heating down! It was also a little pricey for an Express, so check out the rates to see what you can get as often I can get a Holiday Inn reservation in some towns for less than the cost of this Express stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Leicester City is ideally located, adjacent to the Leicester City Football Club, King Power Stadium and Conference Centre. At the hotel, we offer 110 well appointed en-suite rooms with shower, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, hair dryer and comfort cooling, the hotel also has a bar area, lounge and dining area.The hotel has easy access to the A5460, M1, M69, and M6 motorways and is within driving distance of East Midlands Airport, Birmingham International Airport, Nottingham, Birmingham , Derby, Silverstone and Northampton, The National Space Centre, Donnington Park Race Way, Malory Race Way, Leicester Cricket Ground and Leicester Horse Racing to name but a few. Within minutes you can be surrounded by the beautiful countryside of Leicestershire and surrounding counties, with places of interest such as, Rockingham Castle, Belvoir Castle, Oakham Castle, Burghley House and Warwick Castle. For the more adventurous there is Rutland Water with it's wildlife, cycling tracks, Water Sports and purpose made paths for walking.The Express by Holiday Inn Leicester Walker Stadium also makes an ideal base if you are visiting the historic city cathedral, with a host of traditional shops to choose from. Also boasting the Shires Shopping Centre and Fosse Retail Park within 3m. The nightlife of Leicester City Centre is within minutes of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Leicester City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Leicester Walkers Stadium Hotel Leicester
- Holiday Inn Leicester
- Leicester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Leicester City Leicestershire