“simple, cost effective place to stay for football fans”

Holiday Inn Express Leicester City
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We stayed here to attend a football match at the walkers stadium and then stay on in Leicester for a night out. As it was a family get together and also mothers day weekend - the hotel were really helpful accepting a flower delivery and making sure it was placed in my parents room - over and above on the service standards. At check in the lady on the desk was really helpful and allowed me to make sure all our rooms were as booked and also swapped us to a different type of room. The facilities are all simple and clean - its a no fuss and frills place to stay and for the price it is excellent. The bar prices are a bit steep but then you dont have to use it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Eugene S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leicester City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us here in Leicester.
I will certainly share your comments with the team who will no doubt be delighted that they could be part of making your weekend a memorable one.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Leicester.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I originally booked and prepaid an other hotel in Leicester, but due to overbooking the other hotel moved me to the Holiday Inn Express. The HIE is an average hotel, nothing fancy about it. The staff was friendly, the breakfast average. The room was mostly clean, however there was a very disgusting mark on the bed couch (this is why I'm going with 2 and not 3 stars).
Something you should be aware of when staying at this hotel is that there is a stadium next door. During my stay there was a game on and I had to walk into the city (30 min walk) because all nearby roads were closed down.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank aquarius80
Eugene S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leicester City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.
I would like to apologise for the inconveneince during your stay.
The midweek matches are not that often and I am sorry that you were inconvenienced on this occasion.
Thank you again for the feedback, it has been noted and we would like to welcome you back on your next visit to Leicester.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

This is a large HIE sited next to Leicester FC Stadium and also next to the river. Not particularly close to either the city centre or restaurants.

The hotel itself is good with nice modern rooms and limited catering facilitates. Standard HIE breakfast but no catering facilities in the evening during my stay (chef was away! - contingency planning????).

The main problem for me was a combination of a full car park (move and you loose your space on every night), no close restaurants, no in-house catering and a football match over the road on one night which meant to road was closed so I couldn't get a taxi to the city. Result, a very log walk to get something to eat in the city centre.

Think the parking problem is fairly fundamental when combined with the lack of eating facilities ESP on match nights. Therefore reluctant to stay there again until the car park is extended.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank for taking the time to post a review of your stay here with us.
I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience during your stay.
During football matches the neighbouring restaurant is closed for diners and as a contingency they do make use of our great room in the hotel to serve dinner. The restaurant is closed on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday but we have a great relationship with various restaurants within 3 mins walking distance of the hotel and there is also the option of a takeaway in the event you do not want to venture out.
It is very rare that our complimentary parking is an issue at the hotel but we do have the use of the short stay parking from the football club which adds a great deal of parking to ours.
I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and we would love to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Leicester.

Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel. Paid £65.00 for a Saturday night and was surprised at how nice the room was and that the rate included breakfast, free wifi and free parking onsite. The staff was helpful and even gave us a 12pm check out free of charge. There was even body wash in the bathroom.

However it is £20.00 per hour for a later check out after 12pm which I thought was expensive since you can stay the night for £65.00. There is no fridges in the rooms and it could do with more mirrors for getting ready.

Apart from that it is a great budget hotel. Thanks again.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express, Leicester.
We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay.
I will be sure to share your positve comments with the team and your further feedback has been noted and thank you for this.

We thank you for your custom and are looking forward to welcoming you back to Leicester very soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

My family and myself have just spent the weekend as a guest of the Holiday Inn Express at Leicester. It was everything I would expect from Holiday Inn. The staff were friendly and looked after us very well. We were not the easiest group of people to look after but nothing was too much trouble. I shall certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest

Thank you taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express, Leicester.
I will certainly share your kind words with our team who will no doubt be delighted.

We value your custom and are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

The smell of cigarette smoke in the corridors and our room was immense, the bed linen was saturated in cigarette smoke,
There was even a large ashtray in the room, I would have at least expected to have been asked if we wanted a nonsmoking room, our clothes had to be washed just to be rid of the smell of the room, the receptionist said that was the prerogative of the management to have smoking rooms and I find that in this day and age this is not good enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room if you don't want one
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here with us.
I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience of being placed in a smoking room.
We are reviewing the hotels policy and the need for smoking rooms and your feedback has been noted in this regard.
I would appreciate it if you could call me directly if you are to visit Leicester again?

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express, Leicester.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

I've just returned from a short stay and have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. This modern hotel is very well maintained, it is spotlessly clean and the heating is spot on. The rooms are a reasonable size, with good flat scren TV, the bed is very comfortable, the bathroom is superb. Breakfast was also good (although I'm not a fan of warm/crispy croissants, I prefer them softer). The price makes this a real bargain too. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Eugene S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leicester City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay here at The Holiday Inn Express, Leicester.
Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and the team will be delighted in turn.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Leicester and thank you for choosing us as your accomodation of choice.