Holiday Inn Express Leicester City
US$74
US$72
US$113
US$100
Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$55
Priceline
US$76
PremierInn.com
Travelocity
All reviewsfootball stadiumleicester cityfootball groundking powerscrambled egg and beansfootball matchironing roomfree parkingrestaurant next doorbreakfast includedwould stay here againcar parkclean roomsair conbudget hotelstayed here for one nightyou'd expect
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We decided to book this hotel last minute .It cost £50. The check in was easy and the staff polite. The room was basic but clean and tidy if a little basic. The bed was really comfortable. If I liked football,I would have been impressed by the view of Leicester City Stadium! The breakfast is "free" and consisted of scrambled egg,sausages and beans plus toast and cereal. It was self service and it was all fine. All in all,you get what you pay for and this hotel was fine for what we paid for it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Eugene S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leicester City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your stay with us.
We appreciate you taking the time to write your review and appreciate your custom on this occasion.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay here in Leicester.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

travelling the Midlands I stayed for a night at this place, last time some two years ago.
Rooms are still in a very good condition, bathroom funcitionel and internet operates at a glance and staff is friendly.
Unfortunately there is just one restaurant nearby, not much choice expect you take your car to find other places

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us here at The Holiday Inn Express, Leicester.
I will sharing your kind comments with our housekeeping and reception team who will no doubt be delighted.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

The hotel is situated in the grounds of the football stadium but being married to a football fan and staying on a Sunday evening that was not a problem. The room was large with a double bed, settee plus TV & the usual facilities. I was really taken that there was a choice of pillow firmness to select!
There was a large shower which was a surprise as usually in 'budget' hotels you can hardly get into them. I loved the fact that not only was there a hair dryer - it was positioned by a mirror. Again not something you find in all hotels.
The buffet breakfast included fruit, cereal, toast and a selection of hot food - sausages, beans, scrambled egg. It was well cooked and by restricting the items I think they made sure the quality was good.
Staff were very pleasant and helpful. We will certainly look for Holiday Express for short stay overs in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing us as your choice of accomodation in Leicester and thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay.
We are happy to hear that our facilities and amenities suited your requirements.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Leicester.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Greeted warmly by reception and my Gold Card status was recognised. Room was as we expect from HIE, clean, efficient and all we need for a budget stay. The only 'problem' I would like to mention is the fact that there were only two staff members on duty at breakfast. As far as I could see there were over 200 covers and the staff were working incredibly hard to keep up but it was an impossible task. Sadly some guests took advantage of this and when the staff were running around madly trying to clear tables to reduce the queue (doing an EXCELLENT job) some very disrespectful people were 'stealing' all the food they possibly could. One table of 3 youths took around 20 pastries, 30 sausages, an entire loaf of bread, the entire pan of egg and much more... Food was being secreted in bags and in pockets and then taken back to rooms (where it was clear there were up to 5 or 6 people staying in one room, but that is another issue!). Nothing was done about the behaviour of these guests as the staff were too busy. The result was longer queues as those in line had to wait for food to be replenished. I understand it is difficult to police people when a buffet service is offered but having a few more staff on duty would have enabled better monitoring of the guests. We mentioned to the front desk how well the staff had tried to keep up and they agreed that it was hard work for them.

The reception lounge area was very cold as the doors were open causing a very low temperature around the TV watching areas.

Was not a great night sleep as there were no extra pillows in the room (ours were very soft and offered little neck support) and the beds are rather small (perhaps I am just used to my big bed at home?!). I know I could have called for more pillows and did not, so perhaps this is not a valid complaint... but it would have been nice to have some extras available.

Otherwise a great place to stay when in the area, free parking (thank you!) and easily accessible.

Room Tip: If the hotel is busy, get to breakfast early!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Eugene S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leicester City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and your continued loyalty and support.
Thank you for your valuable feedback and the kind words for our staff as well.
The breakfast experience you had is a very rare occurrence, hence the two members of staff but having said that it is a valid observation and comment from you.
We have taken the rest of your feedback on board and thank you for this, as we strive to not only meet our guest expectations but also exceed the expectations of our guests.

Thank you again for the time taken to post a review and also for you continued support.
We look forward to welcoming you back shortly again.

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a party at the city ground across the road, we called up a few months before to book which went fine, they took card details over the phone to secure the room. When we arrived they did not have any knowledge of the booking, we were issued a room which was fine, basic and fairly clean. The next morning we went down for breakfast, terrible would sum that up! Only 3 hot items and they all tasted terrible. Plates were dirty and small! When checking out of the room they asked for our card details again, I told reception that I had already paid and was told on that was only to secure the room! After checking my bank statement I have been charged twice? I called the hotel to question this, I was told somebody would call me back and I am still waiting for a call back now...! Absolutely diabolical customer service and I will never stay here again...!

• Stayed: March 2013
Eugene S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leicester City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your time today and allowing me the opportunity to dicuss and resolve your concerns.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

We appreciate your custom and look forward to your continued support.