“Average compared to others Staff helpful”

Holiday Inn Express Leicester City
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Reception was very busy on checking in and out with a number of guests waiting I was also concerned being a gold member when I mentioned food I was given a menu and told next door could deliver or I could eat next door, and then a sum of 50 pounds was pre authorised off my card if I needed any food this has never happened before and I usually stay in Holiday Inns/ Express a dozen times per month ( I decided not to eat ) although the staff were helpful they were extremely busy when I booked in

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Eugene S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leicester City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Kevin E

Thank you for your review and for your continued support of Holiday Inn Express.
IHG, along with most other major hotel companies, utilizes credit and debit card authorizations as a standard practice, as the hotels are individually franchised the terms and conditions as demonstrated in this instance might vary from location to location.
I would like to apologise that this might have distracted you from enjoying your stay with us.
I am happy to hear that our friendly and helpful staff made an impression on you during your stay,

We hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Leicester City

Reviewed 28 February 2014

stopped here for one night using reward points - check in (Hanna I think?) was ok and room ok on 5th floor overlooking the front of the football stadium - easy to find the hotel - parking free - cab into city cost £6 - cinema with free parking very close - room ok, has the blue lights in the bathroom which is handy at night - pillows are a bit rubbish (HI need to get pillows and duvets like Premier Inn!) - breakfast ok - plenty of food right up the close at 9.30 - lovely friendly lady (slightly older, short hair) was very pleasant and chatty - staff on reception when we left not very talkative and didn't ask how the stay was, or wish us a good journey or anything ... we just handed the key over - very handy hotel (not on a match day though!) if you want to do Richard III visits to the city

Room Tip: be aware that this hotel is next to a football stadium !
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear janeyShropshire

Thank you for your custom and for sharing your candid review with us.
Your comments are appreciated and noted. These comments allow us to focus on areas where improvement is required and rest assured they will be attended to.
I am happy to hear that you had some great interaction with our team but there is clearly an area for improvement.

Thank you again for sharing with us and we trust that we can be of service again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed here one night in February 2014 and found the hotel and the staff to be very pleasent.

Considering it's location, it was very quiet.

The room was spacious and clean.

Minor irritations:
The free wifi was quite slow and tended to drop out quite a bit.

The free breakfast was uninspiring. Bland eggs, odd tasting sausages and not a lot else to offer. Croissants were warm but very dry and tasted a little old. This may have just been a bit of over zealous warming on the hotels behalf.

Generally, as a place to sleep it was a good hotel.

1  Thank JamesT99

Dear JamesT99

We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that our friendly and helpful staff made an impression on you.
We had an issue with the line provider that interfered with our Wi-Fi service but this has been resolved and we are back to a fast and stable service now.
Thank you for sharing your other comments and rest assured we will use these to keep on improving our service and offering.

We trust that we can be of service again in the near future and look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed twice for 4 nights, rooms were clean but walls thin and could here people next door. Day staff friendly but night staff didn't even look up on most days, had problem with heating which night staff said they would. Got back at night, heating not working and night staff had not reported, manager put electric heater in straight away. Not much choice with food as restaurant next door meat mainly

• Stayed: February 2014
Eugene S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leicester City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear steveisgplc

Thank you for you review and for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us.
I would like to aplogise for any inconvenience during your stay and that this might have prevented you from you enjoying your stay with us.
We pride ourselves on our friendly and helpful staff and we have clearly let ourselves down on this occasion.
We appreciate you highlighting this as it allows us to identify these areas where improvement is required.
We trust that we will be of service in the near future again.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed at the hotel last week and was impressed with the friendly staff and those in the ajoining restaurent.Despite the Hotel being next to the footie stadium and on a main road I had a good nights sleep and a tasty breakfast.The Hotel is about a mile and a half from the City Centre and Railway station but easy to get to and the bar staff were friendly and accomodating too.A good experiance

Room Tip: Room was away from the stadium looking on to the car park and canal but was quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Eugene S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leicester City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear IAN D

Thank you for your kind review and for your custom.
We are delighted that our friendly staff have made an impression on you and I will share your positive sentiments with the team.

Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Leicester.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This was the first time we have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express. We stayed here for one night. It was really good value for the price we paid which included breakfast. Free wifi included. The bed was comfortable and had a choice of firm and soft pillows.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Free parking also. Everything we needed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Eugene S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leicester City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear itchyfeeto57

Thank you for your review and your custom, we trust that you will be a regular at the Holiday Inn Express brand from now on.
We are delighted to hear that our facilities and friendly staff made an impression on you.
I will be sharing your feedback with the team who will no doubt be very appreciative.

We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for your support.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed for four nights.
The hotel in general and location is quite good.
However, the big problem is the WI-FI, or lack of it.
I was working in the Holiday Inn in the city centre and my internet service was fine, so I know it isn't my laptop.
I also know my laptop is ok because the Wi-Fi service at the Walkers Stadium is fine until around 6pm. This is obviously when everyone else tries to use it. Pages either take ages to load OR do NOT load at all. It was useless trying to attempt to use it.
On my final night (Thurs) the Wi-Fi went off around midnight and was still off at 8am Friday morning when I checked out.
I reported this on 2 occasions, but of course the staff have the bog standard answer that all hotel staff have "Oh well no one else has complained about it", implying that it is MY device.
DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL IF YOU NEED AN INTERNET SERVICE!!!!!!

My company paid for the hotel in full BEFORE my arrival, yet the reception staff insisted I still gave them a bank card and took a refundable deposit of £40. I am not happy about this considering there is no restaurant there and I had no intention of running up a bill.
The staff tell me its 'company policy', yet I know this to NOT be true after staying in many of the chain hotels.

On a plus side, the room is clean and quiet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leicester City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Lee B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the internet service prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were very glad to see the high scores for Sleep Quality, Cleanliness, and Rooms. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D