I have used this holiday inn on several occasions recently due to the fact that i visit my daughter who is at De Montford University.
It is next to the football ground & only a few minutes walk from the University & Student Halls of Residence; it is also only a brisk 20 minute walk from the town centre shopping area.
The hotel is a new building, it is very clean & tidy & the rooms are bright & comfortable. It also has a free car park which is useful.
The buffet breakfast is adequate & well stocked with fruit, cereal , bread/toast, tea, coffee etc... there is no hot food.
there is no evening restaurant at the hotel which means a walk or drive into town unless you order a take away ..
Staff are friendly & the rooms are always kept clean with fresh towels everyday.
I have never been able to book a room for anything under £59.00, it is dearer than the Travelodge in the town center but better ..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Leicester City is ideally located, adjacent to the Leicester City Football Club, King Power Stadium and Conference Centre. At the hotel, we offer 110 well appointed en-suite rooms with shower, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, hair dryer and comfort cooling, the hotel also has a bar area, lounge and dining area.The hotel has easy access to the A5460, M1, M69, and M6 motorways and is within driving distance of East Midlands Airport, Birmingham International Airport, Nottingham, Birmingham , Derby, Silverstone and Northampton, The National Space Centre, Donnington Park Race Way, Malory Race Way, Leicester Cricket Ground and Leicester Horse Racing to name but a few. Within minutes you can be surrounded by the beautiful countryside of Leicestershire and surrounding counties, with places of interest such as, Rockingham Castle, Belvoir Castle, Oakham Castle, Burghley House and Warwick Castle. For the more adventurous there is Rutland Water with it's wildlife, cycling tracks, Water Sports and purpose made paths for walking.The Express by Holiday Inn Leicester Walker Stadium also makes an ideal base if you are visiting the historic city cathedral, with a host of traditional shops to choose from. Also boasting the Shires Shopping Centre and Fosse Retail Park within 3m. The nightlife of Leicester City Centre is within minutes of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Leicester City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Leicester Walkers Stadium Hotel Leicester
- Holiday Inn Leicester
- Leicester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Leicester City Leicestershire