“can't fault it”
Review of Fieldhead Hotel

Fieldhead Hotel
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 23 March 2011

visited this hotel back in november but having noticed some bad reveiws i was gobsmacked so had to have my say.Freezing cold weekend but couldn't have had a warmer welcome.everyone from front of house to the breakfast waiters were freindly and very proffesional.Our room was a good size with an immaculate bathroom.The choice at breakfast was very varied and everything we had was superb.We ended up eating in the pub attached both nights wwe were there as again there was a good variety on the menu and the quality was top notch.The only bad part was the tina turner tribute but even she was so bad she was good in the wrong way.We visited the hotel with an offer from the daily express so it was excellent value,however i wouldnt hesitate to pay full price.great weekend.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 March 2011

Stayed with wife for weekend using Tesco Vouchers. I am always a bit weary using Tesco Vouchers in case you get dumped in the poorest room. This was not the case here. The room was clean enough, spacious and had usual necessaties (tea, coffee, TV, powerfull shower). Staff were helpful and freindly. Ate in restaurant and had the tasiest lamb shank I have had in years. Food came quickly, plenty to choose from, and service great.
My only gripe about whole experience was that the carpet from kitchen to Restaurant and my chair was a old and could certainly do with renewing. Dont let this put you off though.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Stayed one night, business trip with my partner. Took quite a while to book in at reception. Room was fine, spacious, clean with a comfortable bed. Busy evening, staff worked hard and were helpful. Entertainment that evening, very good! Varied menu. We are vegetarians so ordered mushroom suet pudding. It was delicious!! However, the vegetables were cold and overcooked. Real fire but not lit and it was a freezing December night. We would return for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2010

We decided to stay here after gettting a fantastic £10 pp B&B deal through the newspaper. The rooms were large, well furnished, with a massive extra-kingsize bed. The bathroom was clean and shiny. Nice. The room windows need replacing - they're old wooden and single glazed. For us that was fine, for my son's room it overlooked the courtyard which had the smoking hut. As it was a Christmas party night, they could hear talking into the early hours.
We weren't there for the party night, but they still found us a nice table in the pub part for a well cooked and well served dinner, despite being ferociously busy.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2010

i visited the Fieldhead on Sat 11th December, i had to wait for an hour to be served, although my food had been preordered, the meat was inedible and uncooked, the waitress took my half glass of drink before i had finished, overall, terrible service, food was awful, i definately will not recommend or return to this establishment. (secret Diner)

oh and the head matre d, didnt know how to compensate me. thought it would have been obvious.
Gaynor Crew

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gaynor69
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I stayed with my husband for 3 days 10th-13th November. Lovely hotel with good accommodation. Staff couldn't do enough for us and it was all done with a ready smile and friendly chat, even though they were always very busy. Breakfast was delicious and the right mix of do it yourself and waiter service. We ate in the hotel every evening and found the food to be of a good quality. We will definitely make a return visit.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2010

I arrived late to this hotel due to the weather and was pleasantly surprised by the welcome and the room I had (it was a superior room).

While it was fairly basic, it was spacious and clean - the things I value the most. The service at the bar was great and the food in the restaurant was just what was needed after a long journey. Loved the decor and the function room the group I was with used.

Got a good night's sleep, and check out was smooth and efficient. Sure - I've stayed in more luxurious extablishments but this ticked the boxes I needed - it was clean, staff were on hand for queries and the bar was pretty good! :) This is another hotel I will probably be returning to and would not mind doing so.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business