“great place”

Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Royston
“great place”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I have just returned from this hotel today and I have to say I had a great time. the hotel is lovely and full of character. Our room was a little dark, but we wereon the top floor and the bedroom only had a snall window. But my partner and I enjoyed ourselves and had a good time. the staff were pleasant and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel did get very busy in the evenings and there was a tribute band while we were there which we enjoyed. Overall I would recommend this hotel, it's great.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor, so was a little dark, but was very comfortable and clean. No complain...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
OldEnglishInns, Owner at Fieldhead Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. At Old English Inns we really value every one of our customer’s comments. Thank you for taking the time to post your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back to Old English Inns in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I was going to Download festival for just the one day and decided to stay at a hotel not too far set. For the spacious double room I got at a great discounted rate I was very happy. Staff greeted me well enough. The pub inside was nice to chill with a pint and all facilities in bedroom such as ensuite bathroom, television and bed were most satisfactory. Definitely recommended if staying in the area. Breakfast was a nice bonus too and staff will make it to your liking.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
OldEnglishInns, Owner at Fieldhead Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Thank you for your review on our hotel. We value all your comments and aim to deliver the best service and value. We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our Old English Inns.
UK
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed here 3 nights while at download festival June 2012. Clean and tidy, comfortable beds, friendly staff. Had dinner here on the first night which was average price, but less than average quantity and quality despite apparently winning some awards. Breakfast was cooked in way too much salt although did the job and better than the festival food I had later! Drinks in the bar were heavily overpriced at £17 for 2 average spirits with mixer, would recommend the bar over the road for drinks, the couple that ran it were very friendly, nicer beer and easier prices.

Would prob stay again for convenience of the festival (about 20mins drive) and to have hot shower, clean dry bed and breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
OldEnglishInns, Owner at Fieldhead Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We recently stayed at the hotel. There was a group of 4 of us who were staying at the hotle as it was located near to the golf club we were attending. On arrival we were greeted by a polite young woman on reception. We arrived at 11.30 so knew we wouldn't be able to check in but she was very helpful. Later that evening when we returned we had a bite to eat. The food was superb and great value for money. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, and had alot of room unlike some hotels. Breakfast was also good. There was lots of choice and the young girl (blonde hair) was very polite and welcoming. On check out we were dealt with by the same young woman as the day before ( dark hair) she asked if everything was ok. I would recommend the Fieldhead hotel to my friends and colleagues

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deee19
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed here with a friend on a Saturday and Sunday night. Expecting an average pub/hotel we were pleasantly surprised. The staff were beyond friendly, except for one man, I believe a manager, seemed quite short tempered with the housekeeping staff. The housekeepers in question, two young women (I assume students with weekend jobs by the looks of their ages) were exceptionally pleasant, wishing myself and my friend a Good Morning and holding doors open for us when possible. I found the room clean and tidy, obviously they had taken care with the cleaning, and when we were present in the room on Sunday they asked us if we needed anything. They were particularly accommodating, and met our every need. We even heard them singing whilst doing the other rooms, adding unexpected, yet very welcome entertainment. They simply added an extra level of brilliance to a good trip - we left them a tip when we left on the Sunday, hopefully showing our gratitude. The bar staff were friendly, and you could tell the atmosphere among the staff was a good one, with brilliant relationships. Even the man behind the bar (another duty manager I assume) helped the cleaners when they appeared to have a problem. At breakfast they seemed to joke around with each other though they appeared short staffed. A genuinely jolly atmosphere. On the Saturday night the bar area was loud but comfortable, creating an amiable place to be. The food was excellent and the staff well beyond expectation. As I previously stated, a few times we saw staff rushing around as though there were not enough on shift - particularly between reception and the bar, and the housekeeping staff seemed short. I tip my hat to the two girls - they really created an excellent atmosphere beyond the external view of the pub giving a sense that they cared beyond appearances. Should you decide to go I would look out for these two girls, they stuck in my mind as an excellent addition to the staff. Also, the man behind the bar on Saturday, seemingly in charge, was excellent, creating banter and a good joking atmosphere among regulars and visitors alike.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Fieldhead Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you for your feed back on your recent stay at our Old English Inn. We value all your comments, and take them on board to offer the best service and value. We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our Old English Inns in the future.
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight here, after attending a function in Leicester City centre. Taxi cost after midnight was £20.
Room was comfortable, bed a little too soft for me but that is so subjective as my wife loved it, almost took dynamite to get her out of it next morning.
Shower fine, good temp and pressure. Bottom of shower curtain needed cleaning. Remainder of bathroom clean, towels clean.
Pleased to find an excellent, powerful iron. The only drawbacks were that the ironing board wouldn't stay up without help and the iron still contained water from its last use, date unknown.

Breakfast was fine, however again some attention to detail would have been good. Cereal bowls and glasses were missing. Again the staff with their helpful pleasant attitude sorted this straight away.

Overall a 7/10 score. Pleasant staff but some attention to the small details needed.

Room Tip: Check with staff as some rooms overlook enclosed courtyard which appears to be smoking area for bar...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Just had a lovely weekend at this hotel the 2nd time we have stayed here, the room we had was number 1 very large and very clean although i would ask for a different room in a quieter part of the hotel as this one is right at the side of the smoking area.
on the friday night there was a tribute to the 80s on and that was very good, we ate in the hotel on both nights and we had the 2 for £9.95 excellent value, the breakfasts at this hotel are really good made to order and was served to us within minutes piping hot,
we will definitly be back to this hotel

Room Tip: ask for one away from smoking area
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jesstella
OldEnglishInns, Owner at Fieldhead Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leicester
Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1
Hermitage Park Hotel
Hermitage Park Hotel
#1 of 2 in Coalville
Travelodge Leicester Markfield

Been to Fieldhead Hotel? Share your experiences!