“Tired”
Review of Fieldhead Hotel

Fieldhead Hotel
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Having stayed here for over five years on and off I am sad to say I wont be back until the rooms are fully refurbished. It's a real shame as the staff are lovely and friendly. The food is great and it's a fantastic location just off junction 22 on the M1.

Really had to think about writing this review but sadly as you can see in my pictures the rooms are shabby, bathrooms also need updating. A general overhaul.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Fieldhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

We do appreciate your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the room that was given to you were in disrepair and I can assure you this is a work in progress to bring the standards back up to where we would like. I hope to welcome you back to the Fieldhead in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed here the other night on business and the building and bar etc are fabulous old conversions. Had a std double room which was spacious and comfy, but let down slightly by not being kept in best order. There were lots of cobwebs outside the windows and a few inside in the corners (maid must be afraid of spiders!). The bathroom was OK with the shower in the bath but a grubby shower curtain and towels were a real let down, as was the scale ridden shower head. Breakfast and Service was pretty good, even with 11 at the table.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank screeny70

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am happy that you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable. I am sorry that your room was not up to our high standards of cleanliness and I can assure you that we will be monitoring the room standards on a daily basis.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here, the room was clean and the food was excellent. We thought it was good value for the stay. Just 1 issue with a noisy family that was slamming doors and talking loudly outside our room and was not told to keep the noise down. So on the back of this, we will not be having our wedding at this venue.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us. I am glad that enjoyed your stay with us but I am sorry that during your stay other guests disturbed you and I can assure you we will monitor this more closely.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We arrived at the Fieldhead with the hope of ordering a meal and having a drink. Upon arrival the reception was empty. We knew the hotel of old so took ourselves into the bar. A handful of people were scattered about but no sign of any staff.
We stood at the bar and waited - and waited - and waited. No staff anywhere.
Eventually a down at heel KP??/Chef?? who could tell made her way behind the bar and collected whatever she needed.
No "Hello" "Welcome" "I'll get someone to come and serve you". Not so much as eye contact (and don't tell me 'they're back of house' staff. They should behave front of house when they are front of house.)
She took her miserable look with her and by now two other customers were waiting at the bar - and waiting - and waiting.
Light dawned when a woman appeared from the kitchen carrying a tray of ketchup.
"I'll be with you in a minute' she said and promptly disappeared.
And we waited - and waited - and waited.
And we left - via the unmanned reception.
Make of that what you will.
The lack of any understanding of the word 'service' was apparent. I blame the management. These things come from the top. No doubt the manager has the same attitude.
The Fieldhead could be a great little venue but unfortunately, as is so often the case, the wrong people are working there.
Good luck for the future - you're going to need it.
Oh and one last thought... don't blame the recession. The blame lies a little closer to home.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Fieldhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

I am glad you have brought this to my attention, I can assure you it won’t happen again and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. I hope you come back to see us again.

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Very clean, well managed, friendly helpful staff.
All you could want for a stop-over hotel. If you have a student at Loughborough Uni and want a reasonable base and good food the Fieldhead cannot be beaten

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Gasman900
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Fieldhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Thank you for giving us your positive feed back in regards to your recent stay with us. Your compliments are appreciated from the team and we look forward to accomodating you a third time around.

Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Me an my wife stayed for one night en route to London! Would recommend to anyone, and would imagine it would be ideal for people working down in this area, as it has a pleasant bar, which serves nice reasonably priced food. We paid £50 for one night with breakfast, that ranged from, full English, omelettes, eggs benedict, all cooked to order. All members of staff we came across we're extremely friendly,polite, and happy to help. Very refreshing!!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your recent review for the Field Head Hotel. I am very happy that your short stay with us was most enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed for three nights - £45 Friday night, £60 Saturday night and £45 Sunday night - all per room and includes breakfast and no extra charge for two dogs so excellent value for money.
Staff - friendly, welcoming and helpful - nothing too much trouble for them.
Room - room number 14 - very clean and a good size - enough room for a greyhound to spread out. Nice and quiet. Very good shower.
Food - veggie food quite adventurous - price is average. Breakfast served til 12 so no need to rush. Good selection on a la carte menu (happy to adapt for veggie).

Would definitely stay again. A no nonsense hotel which understands the meaning of customer service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Fieldhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Thank you for recent review for the Fieldhead Hotel. I am glad that you and your two dogs enjoyed your stay with us. We do try accomadate all types of customers wants and needs and I am happy this has been a success for you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leicester
Travelodge Leicester Markfield
#1 of 2 in Coalville
Quorn Grange Hotel
Quorn Grange Hotel
#4 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to Fieldhead Hotel? Share your experiences!