“Stopover”
Review of Fieldhead Hotel

Fieldhead Hotel
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel overnight on our way up North. A good choice, staff were friendly and professional throughout. Room 14 at the back of the hotel was all it should be, clean and quiet, the shower was great. The bar had Speckled Hen on tap, so it gets my vote. Breakfast was good too.
There was was a small hiccough, in that the booking agent and the hotel took payment, however the manager and staff dealt with the issue very promptly, and all was well.
Book direct with the hotel, it turns out its cheaper.

Room Tip: Room 14, to the rear was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 996hadfield
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Fieldhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

We do appreciate your comments and feedback in regards to your short stay with us recently at the Fieldhead Hotel. I am glad you found everything to your liking and that you had the chance to experience our fine ales and found our staff to be most helpful. We do hope you do visit us again for a longer stay in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Spent 2 days using the conference room and a night there, we had an evening meal which was very nice and served by very pleasant staff.

During the evening I had my bicycle and had a quick 1 hour ride around the local village and very nice country side.

Room Tip: I had a nice paciuos room with flat screen tv and a large bathroom with both shower and bath.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for positive feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and you found the time to experience the pleasant surrounding areas. We hope to get to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on route to East Midlands Airport on our wedding night 18 Years ago. I now live 90 miles away but when an old friend moved to Markfield and told me about the lovely hotel/restaurant could not wait to revisit. Was not disappointed. They have obviously continued to invest in infrastructure and decor was welcoming. Ate in the bar, menu varied and prices good. Recommend the steak. Cooked to perfection. So full had to share a pud between 2. Had house wine which was very reasonably priced and very drinkable. Good selection of tea and coffee. Nice atmosphere.

Wanted to visit friend at the end of month for 50th birthday. As she is having house gutted booked a room. Honeymoon suite for old times sake.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us a short while ago. I am glad that appreciated the changes made to the Hotel over time and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Fieldhead Hotel for four nights commencing Thursday 8th August 2013.

We are a regular visitor to this hotel, we find the hotel and its staff to be friendly, professional and caring.

The room we have (7) is well placed, quiet, superb large bed, ensuite shower/bath, television, tea and coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board etc.

Breakfast is a superb full English plus continental if you so wish.

Plenty of free parking and just off the M1 at Junction 22 makes this hotel very attractive indeed.

Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that your stay was most enjoyable and you were supplied with everything to make your stay relaxing and we look forward to seeing you again at our Old English Inn.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Having stayed here for over five years on and off I am sad to say I wont be back until the rooms are fully refurbished. It's a real shame as the staff are lovely and friendly. The food is great and it's a fantastic location just off junction 22 on the M1.

Really had to think about writing this review but sadly as you can see in my pictures the rooms are shabby, bathrooms also need updating. A general overhaul.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

We do appreciate your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the room that was given to you were in disrepair and I can assure you this is a work in progress to bring the standards back up to where we would like. I hope to welcome you back to the Fieldhead in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed here the other night on business and the building and bar etc are fabulous old conversions. Had a std double room which was spacious and comfy, but let down slightly by not being kept in best order. There were lots of cobwebs outside the windows and a few inside in the corners (maid must be afraid of spiders!). The bathroom was OK with the shower in the bath but a grubby shower curtain and towels were a real let down, as was the scale ridden shower head. Breakfast and Service was pretty good, even with 11 at the table.

1  Thank screeny70

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am happy that you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable. I am sorry that your room was not up to our high standards of cleanliness and I can assure you that we will be monitoring the room standards on a daily basis.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here, the room was clean and the food was excellent. We thought it was good value for the stay. Just 1 issue with a noisy family that was slamming doors and talking loudly outside our room and was not told to keep the noise down. So on the back of this, we will not be having our wedding at this venue.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us. I am glad that enjoyed your stay with us but I am sorry that during your stay other guests disturbed you and I can assure you we will monitor this more closely.