“Welcome and helpful”
Review of Fieldhead Hotel

Fieldhead Hotel
Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Very welcoming....the double room was fine....unfortunately we had a problem neighbour who was a very, very noisy "sleeper"....spoke to reception and although hotel looked full they sorted out a room in another part of the hotel for us wuthin 20 minutes......we got an excellent night's quiet and restful sleep....the breakfast was excellent---mine a full English and my wife's was Egg Benedict.....Just 7 miles from Leicester so recommend if visiting / passing through.....Mark

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkH50
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Fieldhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy that we were able to help you swap rooms and I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fieldhead in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

I Stayed here last September and had a great stay. was back in the area this year and I am still very impressed with this little gem, CLEAN and tidy rooms and great staff. Breakfast was spot on again with a great range and a friendly waitress. Can not fault this one

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank CUNextTuesdai
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Fieldhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back to the field head again in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

The first room I was given was totally different from my booking form and was then upgraded to a superior room. I was very disappointed with the condition and cleanliness of this room which was supposed to be the better of them all. The food was great! The dirt in the room was thick, disrepair below the window would be enough to put most people off however given that we had been given a last resort room, we didn't have any choice other than to stay. I use hotels every Friday night and have booked 40 rooms over the last year and this must be the worst by far.

Room Tip: Check the room and then book!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Fieldhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your comments to us on your recent stay. I am sorry that your room was dirty and decor in a bad way. I will ensure that room 19 is deep cleaned, and I will be focusing on deep cleans with the housekeeping team going forward.
We are slowly redecorating our rooms, and we are looking forward to a full refurbishment at some point in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Old English inns in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel overnight on our way up North. A good choice, staff were friendly and professional throughout. Room 14 at the back of the hotel was all it should be, clean and quiet, the shower was great. The bar had Speckled Hen on tap, so it gets my vote. Breakfast was good too.
There was was a small hiccough, in that the booking agent and the hotel took payment, however the manager and staff dealt with the issue very promptly, and all was well.
Book direct with the hotel, it turns out its cheaper.

Room Tip: Room 14, to the rear was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 996hadfield

We do appreciate your comments and feedback in regards to your short stay with us recently at the Fieldhead Hotel. I am glad you found everything to your liking and that you had the chance to experience our fine ales and found our staff to be most helpful. We do hope you do visit us again for a longer stay in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Spent 2 days using the conference room and a night there, we had an evening meal which was very nice and served by very pleasant staff.

During the evening I had my bicycle and had a quick 1 hour ride around the local village and very nice country side.

Room Tip: I had a nice paciuos room with flat screen tv and a large bathroom with both shower and bath.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for positive feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and you found the time to experience the pleasant surrounding areas. We hope to get to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on route to East Midlands Airport on our wedding night 18 Years ago. I now live 90 miles away but when an old friend moved to Markfield and told me about the lovely hotel/restaurant could not wait to revisit. Was not disappointed. They have obviously continued to invest in infrastructure and decor was welcoming. Ate in the bar, menu varied and prices good. Recommend the steak. Cooked to perfection. So full had to share a pud between 2. Had house wine which was very reasonably priced and very drinkable. Good selection of tea and coffee. Nice atmosphere.

Wanted to visit friend at the end of month for 50th birthday. As she is having house gutted booked a room. Honeymoon suite for old times sake.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us a short while ago. I am glad that appreciated the changes made to the Hotel over time and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Fieldhead Hotel for four nights commencing Thursday 8th August 2013.

We are a regular visitor to this hotel, we find the hotel and its staff to be friendly, professional and caring.

The room we have (7) is well placed, quiet, superb large bed, ensuite shower/bath, television, tea and coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board etc.

Breakfast is a superb full English plus continental if you so wish.

Plenty of free parking and just off the M1 at Junction 22 makes this hotel very attractive indeed.

Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that your stay was most enjoyable and you were supplied with everything to make your stay relaxing and we look forward to seeing you again at our Old English Inn.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leicester
Travelodge Leicester Markfield
#2 of 2 in Coalville
Quorn Grange Hotel
Quorn Grange Hotel
#4 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to Fieldhead Hotel? Share your experiences!