“food and service dreadfull.”
Review of Fieldhead Hotel

Fieldhead Hotel
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 16 December 2010

i visited the Fieldhead on Sat 11th December, i had to wait for an hour to be served, although my food had been preordered, the meat was inedible and uncooked, the waitress took my half glass of drink before i had finished, overall, terrible service, food was awful, i definately will not recommend or return to this establishment. (secret Diner)

oh and the head matre d, didnt know how to compensate me. thought it would have been obvious.
Gaynor Crew

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gaynor69

Reviewed 14 November 2010

I stayed with my husband for 3 days 10th-13th November. Lovely hotel with good accommodation. Staff couldn't do enough for us and it was all done with a ready smile and friendly chat, even though they were always very busy. Breakfast was delicious and the right mix of do it yourself and waiter service. We ate in the hotel every evening and found the food to be of a good quality. We will definitely make a return visit.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2010

I arrived late to this hotel due to the weather and was pleasantly surprised by the welcome and the room I had (it was a superior room).

While it was fairly basic, it was spacious and clean - the things I value the most. The service at the bar was great and the food in the restaurant was just what was needed after a long journey. Loved the decor and the function room the group I was with used.

Got a good night's sleep, and check out was smooth and efficient. Sure - I've stayed in more luxurious extablishments but this ticked the boxes I needed - it was clean, staff were on hand for queries and the bar was pretty good! :) This is another hotel I will probably be returning to and would not mind doing so.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RovingRaptor
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Stayed here for a family wedding at a nearby golf club.
Hotel was very easy to find. The rooms we were given were of a good standard,the only problem we had was being given 2 double rooms instead of a double and a twin as requested. This was very quickly rectified. The bed was lovely and big and the pillows were very comfortable. Breakfast was very good except that my full english was cold when it arrived. There was a lovely outside area to sit and plenty of comfy seating inside the hotel to choose from. Overall a good hotel to stay in if you are visiting the nearby area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Arrived at Reception to be greeted by an empty desk waited 10 minutes then saw the sign to dial a number to summon staff. We got our key & at first was quite happy with the room, seemed clean enough,quite spacious. We headed to the bar for some coffee, the place was empty so opted for a window seat, the table was dirty & food was on the floor, sat at a second table & had to wipe away mess, went to the bar for coffee, 2 bar girls chatting about their holiday I felt as though I was disturbing them. The coffee was great.
We went out to see friends as planned and came back at 10pm to go to sleep, there was a hideous noise from the room next door, some sort of machinery whiring sound, anyway we couldn't sleep so phone reception to find out what the noise was, no answer & after 3 more attempts I put on my coat and went to reception, guess what? No one was there so I phone for someone. They came & I told them about the noise, they said it was the boiler room, am I missing something? Why would you put a room next to the boiler room. The lady at reception apologized & gave us another room but you would've thought they helped us to move rooms,noooo so my little girl and I both in our PJ's lugged our stuff half way across the hotel to get some sleep, this next room was filthy, cobwebs & spiders which terrified my daughter,I spent half hour clearing webs & spiders so that she would go to sleep. I managed to get to sleep around 3 am when the people in the next room finally decided to stop shouting.
Bleary eyed we went to breakfast, no orange juice so opted for coffee which was nice & I enjoyed the fresh hot danish pastry, the cooked breakfast was ok the sausage & bacon was nice however i've never had a hard poached egg before, I asked the young man for 1 slice of brown bread, it never arrived.
Also all over the floor was the night before party decs so the room had not been cleaned prior to our arrival for breakfast.
Its a shame really as this place does have the potential for being a good hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank SalonDeGusto
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Had a great stay - booked last minute - breakfast was cooked to order and very tasty - room very big and comfey

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Fieldhead Hotel in Markfield on 7th August 2010 as another family member was celebrating her 60th birthday there that evening.
We found the hotel to be clean and fairly comfortable with a generous and tasty breakfast.
We do have some gripes however.
Some other members of the family were staying in other rooms at the same hotel, and it seems that the beds in their rooms were far superior to ours.
Ours was a fairly small double bed, yet they had extra large king size beds, which as me being of larger frame and 6'4" height, would have suited me better.
I would have no complaint if they had paid more for their room, but in fact, one couple paid £5 less than us!
Another gripe was to do with the birthday party itself (for 23 guests in total).
Glasses were not laid on the table for the wine until we complained about it, an extra meal was brought out even though everyone had been supplied with their requested meal...this had to be paid for also by my brother-in-law who was organising the party for his wife.
Certain requests were not carried out, such as decorating the table with supplied embellishments. Considering they offer wedding packages, I would expect this to be a simple request.
No knife or plates were initially supplied for the birthday cake cutting until, again, we complained.
Finally, although we were residents and diners at the hotel, we found it difficult to request "nightcap drinks" even though it was only about 11.30pm. The bar staff initially denied our request, and we had to wait a further 10 ninutes so that the manager could authorise his "discretion".
Whilst some of the staff were pleasant and helpful, others were decidedly grouchy and lacking in customer care.
In hindsight, the manager did not charge my brother-in-law for the wine ordered, as a goodwill gesture.
Certain mistakes can be overlooked but a catalogue of errors is difficult to forgive, especially as this was a very special birthday occasion.
Upon checkout my bill for the room was £70 for the night when I had agreed a price of £65 through a booking agency. This was amended when I protested.
Could be really good but needs an injection of professionalism....

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple