“Friendly staff”

Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Very welcoming staff. All as you would expect, clean room, HUUGE bed! Very clean and comfortable however we did find our room was uncomfortably hot and there was no heating on in the room itself. But we would stay here again and happy to reccomend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katy L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Norwich
Reviewed 21 October 2012

What you expect from Premier Inn: clean, tidy, efficient - but with bonus of helpful and friendly staff. Late arrival - no problem. Hairdrier faulty - replaced immediately. Lumpy mattress - dealt with. Bus to city centre - informed bus stop 2 minutes walk (no 26 or 27). Car park all day - no problem. If you need easy accommodation in Leicester, here it is.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2012

This Premier Inn Hotel was very good. Friendly Staff and fast check in. The room was clean and spacious, bathroom was clean and tidy as well. Everything in the hotel was very good, but the only problem is the heat control. They must install air conditioning unit in the rooms and sort out some sort of ventilation in the bathroom. It can get very hot and humid after taking a shower especially. Other than that, nice hotel and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Cadeby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I cannot fault the hotel at all. The staff were were friendly and I was welcomed at checkout running through the details quickly, offers etc. The room was very clean and large (122). Free car park was added value. I had a very nice stay in a large room. I would stay again and will be soon. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2012

What a great place to stay.

I arrived at reception at 10pm after a long day at work and just wanted to shower and crash out. The car park was quite busy but I managed to park easily. The receptionist was very friendly and check-in took just 30 seconds. The whole hotel was very peaceful and the communal areas were clean and tidy.

My room was on the first floor and when I first opened the door it perfect. The whole room was absolutely immaculate - down to the smallest detail. There are a number of mirrors in the room and each one was highly polished and smudge free, the toilet, sink and bath were also gleaming. Little things normally catch my eye in budget style hotels that generally get overlooked, such as the shower head. Not here. The tiles were actually shiny and the shower head was clean.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the room, sounds daft but I'm used to cheaper hotels having problems and I always expect to have to compromise, not at this Premier Inn. The bed was big and comfortable, the bedding and towels were white - clean and fresh,

The TV worked perfectly, as did the remote. There was a large desk with a chair but there was also a more comfortable padded chair for relaxing after work. The dustbins were empty and bag lined, someone had even buffed these up!!

On my first night I needed to iron but there was no iron, I called reception to ask where to find one (at another similar hotel recently I had to go to a cleaning cupboard on the landing) the lady on reception said she would bring one to me and she did - within 2 minutes she was at my door with iron and board.

On my third night I was concerned about 2 guys in the car park looking in the windows of the vans that belonged to other guests, I mentioned it to the night receptionist. He got straight onto the cctv to look at the problem and told me they'd go investigate but to be honest I really didn't think they would. When I got to my room I peered thru the curtains to see if the lads were still looking into vans but I was impressed to see two Premier Inn staff out in the car park moving them on.

Other reviews have said that the hotel rooms are hot. I did not experience this but fans were in place in the rooms so this is probably true.

All in all I simply cannot fault this hotel.

I never heard a peep from another guest.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sadie B
La Chatre, France
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Warm welcome at reception, quickly booked in, room very clean and bed comfy, The pillows were too soft for me, but the wife was happy with hers, there is a choice of soft or firm pillows but even the firm one is not a patch on the feather filled I use at home.
Room was too warm, reading 27.5 degrees on the room stat. turned it down to 18 degrees, but it doesn't reduce the temperature, it just stops the heating coming on again.
We were there for seven nights, the first two nights were uncomfortably warm, we left the window open and run the fan during the day while we were out, and eventually we got the room temperature down to 23 degrees, I'm not going to mark them down because I think there would be a damn sight more complaints if the place was cold!! overall great value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Welcomed at reception by a very friendly member of staff which checked us in within 2 minutes. Before booking I had checked other reviews and a few people seems to have complained about the temperature in the room, thinking nothing of it went ahead and booked it but as soon as I walked into the room I noticed a fan so realised people must not have been exxaggurating. Beds as comfy as ever only thing letting it down was the heat in the room but other than that, good stay, what u usually expect from premier inn!

• Stayed September 2012