“THE BEST PLACE TO STAY!”

Premier Inn Leicester Central (A50) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“THE BEST PLACE TO STAY!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Staying at this Premier Inn was a pleasure and great value for money, the staff were extremely helpful and polite and exceeded my expectations as I had booked separately from my family and were originally placed on different levels of the hotel. The effort and time the checking in lady went through to place us all together was exceptional. I would definitely recommend staying here to anybody whether it be for any type of trip. The room presentation is modern and fresh and the cleanliness was spot on in both the room and bathroom. The bed gave me a very comfortable nights sleep with having the choice of two different types of cushions, soft and firm. I see this as the perfect place to stay and would speak highly of this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

From the moment I arrived the staff were very polite and helpful,the room was very clean and set out well.The bed was very comfy and a good nights sleep was had.The on site bar was very good,the premier breakfast was well worth it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Cockenzie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Staff were very pleasant and very helpful during our 2 night stay . Hotel was very clean, basic and lovely decor. The bed that we had was not the the best, unfortunately I did not get a good nights sleep as the bed was too hard, we did fill out a card before we left stating this as the policy was that they guaranteed a good nights sleep, so that was a little disappointing that nothing has been done about my complaint. We also had breakfast both mornings and dinner at night which was amazing and only a stones throw away from the hotel. Overall 7/10 because of the mattress was too hard.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen K
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Nice clean & comfortable hotel. Remote from ANYTHING else, but convenient for the outer ring road. Bit annoying that the restaurant / bar was across the car park, got soaked on rainy days. Room was modern and nothing to complain about at all.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ALL OVER THE WORLD
Reviewed 17 January 2014

First off, I am a fan of Premier Inn, have stayed in many and this trip around the UK am booked into three different ones.

I have always found them to be clean, value for money and I have never had a nasty surprise. This stay was no exception, however, there were some things that were less than awesome:

THE BAD:
Internet - You get 30 minutes for free, per day. A full day of wifi is 3 pounds and a full week is just 10 pounds. I don't mind paying that amount for wifi service, and the signal was strong and fast for the most part. I was also able to pay for a week and take the account across the three different Premier Inn's I was staying in, I did not have to pay again at each hotel, which was nice, HOWEVER, the service decided to stop on my first evening. The only way you can get assistance is by calling a premium rate phone line, which is a minimum of 10p per minute. So for 24 hours the internet service was limited and I had to make two service calls to this premium rate line, when it was their service that was faulty. I don't think that is particularly fair.

The Shower - The bathroom looked a little dated overall, but it was OK. The shower mixer valve gave you only two temperatures, ice-cube-cold and skin-removing-hot. There was no in-between. I thought that this was just how it was, so I didn't say anything, but I stayed in a different hotel after my four nights here and they had the same shower mixer and it worked perfectly, so I apologize for not reporting it to the hotel (Room 116, if you are reading!).

Parking - There is a pay and display car park outside, but residents of the hotel get a free pass. The parking lot is far too small for the number of rooms at the hotel, however, and if you come back after business hours (7pm and over) you are lucky to find a parking space. There is also no monitoring of parking as I saw a few times, cars parked badly taking up multiple spaces.

THE GOOD:
Everything else. Everything you want and need is right here. Service was exceptional, the room was spotlessly clean and large.

THE INDIFFERENT:
Not good, not bad, but FYI.
The restaurant to the hotel is a Brewer's Fayre pub, which is not located in the hotel or connected to the hotel like it normally is, it is the opposite side of the parking lot.
There are no phones in the rooms, you cannot call down to reception or to other rooms. This was not an issue for me as I had a UK cell/mobile phone, but if you are visiting from overseas, you can't get calls in or out of the room.
This is a slightly older hotel than most Premier Inn's I have stayed in. The bathroom looked a tad dated, but was still very clean and everything worked aside from the shower mixer. The door was operated by a metal key attached to a very large keychain, which, I left in the car whenever I left the hotel. If I was not driving, there is no way that I could have kept this large keychain in my pocket!

Overall, an awesome stay and Premier Inn is always at the top of my list of places to stay if I need somewhere simple to rest my head in the UK.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed here last night after a National Space Museum visit - the day had tired us out so we arrived at 7 and were quickly handed out key by the lovely receptionist.

After dropping our bags off we headed to the Fayre and Square for dinner - again staff were lovely and the food really well priced!

Our room was on the first floor was was standard premier inn layout with everything you'd expect. My only was gripe was that insulation wasn't great as I was woken up through the night by people outside or in other rooms.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We have stayed with Premier Inn before and the staff, facilities and room were up to the usual reliable, pretty good standard. However, a word of caution; the beds were very firm, almost hard by most standards and, apparently, new mattresses have been bought recently. Also, at busy periods such as Christmas the car park gets filled up, apparently due to it being for shared use with other places, and it can be a bit of a nuisance finding a suitable parking spot. On a brighter note the staff had made the effort to ensure we were in a quieter area and there was no problem with noise. Worth asking for this.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family