“Comfortable and quiet”

Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Oakham, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and quiet”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The receptionist was friendly and welcoming. The room was the standard Premier Inn room, clean and comfortable. A very comfortable bed and the quiet location meant we had a good nights sleep. The bathroom was also clean with a good shower. The only downside for us was that the associated restaurant is a Fayre & Square which is not to our taste. There are however several good restaurants including The Forge nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staff at the hotel were friendly and efficient and checked us in swifts. I needed a room at last minute and the lady on reception did her best to accommodate us. The rooms are nice and spacious and thee beds are comfortable. Only gripe is that the room cost more to book at reception rather than online which I don't think is fair.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed twice at this Premier Inn on a business trip and once my boyfriend came with me. I enjoyed my stay very much both times because the Premier Inns never let me down and this one is surrounded by an amazing park! The Fayre and Square next door is huge and provides good value for money meals and it has lots of space outside! It's perfect for families: I would take my kids there! The only thing is that the hotel interiors look a bit old but this didn't affect my experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed two nights at this hotel while assisting our daughter and her boyfriend to move house. We hadn't stayed at a Premier Inn before and admittedly our choice was based entirely on convenience of location (and it is only a couple of minutes drive from the M1).

Despite its proximity to major roads, the hotel is situated in pleasant park-like surroundings and there is surprisingly little noise. The staff we encountered were, without exception, friendly and extremely helpful; the room was clean and well appointed.

We pre-booked breakfast, which was plentiful and with a menu as good as we have found in more expensive hotels. We didn't have any other meals there as we were eating elsewhere. The food on offer was of the pub meal burger/chicken and chips type and, although not our scene, was clearly popular with local diners.

Online booking was very easy and made the check-in/out process very fast. Over all very good value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Snewman159
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel recently. Staff were excellent. Great service. Rooms comfortable and very clean. My only gripe would be that the walls/ceilings are not well soundproofed so it sounded like a herd of elephants above even over the tv and noise carried through the walls. Woken up at 7.30 on a Sunday morning by dance music. Not too much of an issue as I am an early riser. Would be different if I wasn't. Didnt bother to raise this as short of rebuilding the hotel there isn't anything they can do about it. Just thought others might like to know. It wouldn't stop me staying again as it's in a good location.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I didn't stay here - my boss dropped me off at the wrong hotel (there's another Premier Inn just down the road). The receptionist realised I was at the wrong one from my booking reference, and was extremely nice about the whole thing, offering to book me a taxi (I walked) and print me a map (it was a good map). Made my evening mildly less frustrating.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed for one night in this hotel with my family. The beds are big and comfortable; 2 single beds for my kids are good, too. Everything was clean and free of dust. The shower was hot and very relaxing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family