Stoneycroft Hotel
US$101
  • Pool
US$114
US$108
Mill on the Soar(Leicester)
US$68
Fieldhead Hotel(Leicester)
US$95
Hotels.com
US$111
US$93
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$61
Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$59
Premier Inn Leicester North West Hotel(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$87
PremierInn.com
US$82
PremierInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2011

The Stoneycroft Hotel has very friendly, obliging staff. I agree the decor is a little outdated, particularly the bed covers and the rooms are small but what do people expect at the price?

I have stayed before but ate there for the first time which I would not recommend. The menu was different to the one in the room and I had to choose the pie. The gravy was watery and it had pickled onions in it, the chips were frozen! The plus side is the waiting staff were really polite and nice. Not a culinary experience and overpriced for what I had and couldn't eat.

Overall, you get what you pay for and as a single female traveller I felt safe and welcomed. The staff are all very friendly.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2010

I was apprehensive before my visit but fears proved unfounded! The breakfast was fine and the staff were very pleasant and keen to please. Our room was clean. We booked two rooms. My room was closer to the function hall and this was a bit noisy on the Saturday night as the guests were leaving. My brother was in a room further away and did not hear anything. It is located in a quiet area and took us about fifteen minutes to walk in to Leicester. It has a small bar but this was used for the wedding taking place on the Saturday evening.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Ricdar
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I went to this hotel by accident; I actually thought I had booked at another hotel called Mitchell, which I found on the Internet advertising its recently refurbished rooms. But since the Mitchell is not available (anymore?) I was transferred (without me knowing because the man who answered my phone - when I called to book) to Stoneycroft Hotel. Not recently refurbished! Quite the contrary.
The first room I was given was on the ground floor, had the oldest furniture you could imagine and a tiny window on top of the wall; the second (since I asked to change) was on the second floor, had two windows, but the same disgusting old furniture and ... the previous guests' towels and sheets! Yes, it was not made for a new guest! At 15:30 in the evening!
When I refused to stay (I could not think of myself sleeping on this mattress even for one night) and although my stay in the hotel had lasted for approximately 10 minutes (more of them waiting for the room to be made), I was asked to pay for the night!!!
The worst experiece of my life!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2010

This could be the worst hotel I've ever stayed it.
Looking like it's be decorated and furnished by someone with similar DIY skills to me and with a overall standards of a bad zoo it's amazing that they have attempted to aim for anything other than the doss house market.
Our room was contained a four poster bed that was so badly put together that I genuinely felt there was a chance it would collapse during the night. It's funny now but not when you are trying to get to sleep.
On the plus side if you wanted to hear what's on five different tv channels at once then this is truly possible as you will be able to hear everyone else's no problem. This place has the same sound proofing as a tent.
The chap looking after the breakfasts in the morning was nice and friendly, he also seem pretty competent. I felt very sorry for him!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2010

should have stayed there last weekend - they did not have our reservation . checked with booking we used and they had sent reservation months ago and even sent me a copyt of their booking . the reception staff were rude and the area smelt very damp. after speaking with several other people I would think twice about booking this hotel if you are staying in leicester, they apparently overbook most of the time

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple