“Avoid at all cost.”
Review of Stoneycroft Hotel

Stoneycroft Hotel
Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The only good thing about it was the staff.

1. The hotel is supposed to be good for wheelchair users. 1x Disabled toilet at the other end of the corridor from my room.
2. Could only just get the wheelchair into the room.
3. The room deperateley needed decorating, the curtains hanging of the rails.
4. Breakfast menu, half of it not available and no access in a wheelchair to the breakfast room.
5. The hall at the end of the corridor was disgusting, mouldy damp.
6. Beds and bedding poor quality, wafer thin pillows.
7. single headboard on a double bed.
Its just goes on and on!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tracey C

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I have been in some bad hotels but this place beats them all,the first thing you notice is the smell of dampness,then when you get to your room you realise why there is a smell,damp patches,mould,dirt,there is also a stench from the plug holes coming from the sewer,we considered our room to be the best of the group we were with because we only had to endure a toilet door that would not shut,beds that were falling apart black mould on the walls carpets you would not let your dog sleep on,I sat on the only chair in the room and fell straight on my [--]
we went for dinner there becuase the menu looked good,dont be fooled,I had TRIO OF SUASAGE WITH MASH AND ONION GRAVY,it came after a one and three quater hours wait and was a plate of plastic smash with three deep fried sausage swimming in Bisto gravy not a hint of onion,my friends did'nt fair any better,frozen fish and chips with peas like bullits,I just could'nt understand why it took so long to cook and breakfast was the same inedible,
the staff were very understanding though there is only one english speaker who was a hero and tried her best to help.
do yourself a favour and give this place a miss,I would not give this hotel a single star but the AA rate it as three

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank anniversaryduo
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We recently had the misfortune to book into this hotel purely because we were attending a wedding reception here. There were a lot of deaf people booked in who could not express themselves in their complaints. Three of them, with the assistance of hearing people, had their rooms changed because the sheets were dirty, damp patches on the walls, cigarette burns on the carpets etc. In one room the bathroom door would not close properly, in another the toilet moved every time it was flushed and the plughole in the bath was full of hair. At the evening meal on the day before the wedding the food was disgusting. it took one and three quarter hours to arrive at the table and when it did come, nothing was fresh. It may have all be newly cooked from frozen but most of it was inedible. On lady waited over two hours for a vegitarian pasta dish only to be told that waitress had forgotten to order it. One gentleman found out to his disgust that EVERYBODY'S food had been put on to his room number, We had a fight on our hands to get this corrected. I would definitely say that this hotel should have NO stars, let alone three. I would certainly NOT stay there again at the exhoritant prices they charge

Room Tip: Didn't see a pool or fitness centre within the vicinity but the hotel does accept well behaved p...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lesley R
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I stayed at Stoneycroft for (thankfully) one night, the staff are brilliant, very friendly, attentive and willing to go the extra mile and I expect they are fed up with complaints about the hotels terrible state. I've never been to prison but my room looked and felt like Texas Death Row. The bed assaulted me during my brief rest, it felt like I was being punched by a bag of marbles all night. I was hoping for a refreshing shower but when I turned it on I can only compare it to a tumbling waterfall from a semi punctured inflatable swimming pool. Looking forward to a cooked breakfast I was sadly surprised by a rock hard egg, and 'bacon' that was cold and may have been shaved from a small rodent. But on the upside I was always greeted by a smile from the staff. The building is awful, but the staff are wonderful.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Very poor value for money. Tiles in the bathroom are cracked. The wall papers in the room are coming out and are very old. The bed creeks. The boilers broke down 2 days that I lived there. The ceiling and walls had fungus on them and I also saw an area on the end of the hall (ground floor) full of fungus over the roof and wall. Service was bad too. The first room given to me had a hole in the wall. I totally regret booking a room there.

Room Tip: Just don't book with this hotel. Its absolutely crapy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ranjive V
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Truthfully the only thing that the hotel has going for it is the jacuzzi in the room - and even the hot water in that ceased to work! When I informed the staff I received a very tired, uninterested response. I had to call twice to reception and go down there before they initiated any action to rectify the situation. Terrible atitude. The decor is attrocious!! Wallpaper peeling in the hallway and room, holes in the wall have been poorley filled. In the bathroom, the handheld shower wasnt working, the force from the wall shower was a trickle, and the cover over the instructions had chipped away to nothing, exposing the electronic buttons underneath. safe to say we shall not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Yuck!! old, tired, dirty. noisy bed, cigarette burns in carpet, horrible smell of food - breakfast disappointing, so glad I ate for evening meal. The only good thing about this hotel was its location and the poached eggs !! toast was white plastic bread - staff totally disinterested and unfriendly NEVER AGAIN thankfully only stayed one night

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business