“Booked here before reading tripadvisor”
Review of Stoneycroft Hotel

Stoneycroft Hotel
Ranked #39 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Wanted a hotel in Leicester for a friends weekend, but our usual place was full so booked here with reading the reviews. A friend said you had better read about this place on Tripadvisor. So I did and went along expecting to cancel the booking and find somewhere else.
Yes it needs redecorating
Yes it is run down
But the room was OK, the WiFi worked, the shower was OK there was plenty of hot water and the breakfast was edible.
The staff were very friendly and helpful too.
So for £40 for a Saturday night B&B expect what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank shilstar
There are newer reviews for Stoneycroft Hotel

Reviewed 23 November 2013

The hotel really needs decorating ,there were damp patchs on the walls and ceilings.Our bedroom was clean and very warm, the water was hot..The televison bracket was so high i had to lift the televison down so that we could watch it. The breakfast was good ,it was hot and the service was good.We were served by a very nice polite Polish young lady.It is a budget hotel but i think should up there standards.Would i stay there again i dont think we will.

Room Tip: If you need a budget hotel central Leicester you get what you pay for,
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Apart from being greeted with limited amiss-managed parking, a receptionist sharp, short and reminiscent of a lady in waiting from the Adams family. I thought I would leave my mind open to relax in a comfortable £55.00 /night room. I didn't expect the Hilton nor the Ritz yet nearly a comfortable simply furnished room to relax in. I was passed the keys to Room 39 OMG!!!
Now I have asthma not chronic so I can't function normally (hop, skip,jump etc if that is normal?) but a mindful concern nethertheless.
The room had damp issues everywhere wall paper hanging off more stains than a tramps sleeping bag (not even exaggerating).
The major Heath issue if that wasn't enough, well certainly cosmetically, was the green spores of mould which, as it has in the past, rendered men hospitalised.
Straight downstairs after a heated conversation with the lazy cow behind the desk (we did not get on) I got room 31 this was better but still substandard only a few lengths of wall paper prising itself free!!! Stain a plenty with very poor fittings creeking and unclean.
I am here for work not a Halloween appreciation convention.
Never, never, never book in I am compiling a report for the local EHO and tourist info office this place should be closed down!!!

Room Tip: Book elsewhere spend a fiver or tenner more if you have to. If you don't you would be glad to pa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Welshyboy69
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I spent two nights here during a recent business trip, and chose it mostly due to its close proximity to the railway station. I informed the staff ahead of my arrival that I would need to have breakfast early due to early starts. I was told that breakfast was not until 7am which was too late. I had to ask if cereal could be made available instead. The following morning I went into the Breakfast room and there were 4 large bowls containing the usual cereals but there was no juice, tea or coffee available. The following morning I asked if I could have some tea and toast, I had to prompt the waiter for the milk and the toast didn't turn up at all. He just said he 'forgot', but was not that apologetic.
The room smelt musty, the door stuck and didn't close without a hefty slam and it didn't have a lock on the inside. The shower also needed attention as it leaked.
Due to the paper thin walls I could hear the occupant next door having a shower and brushing his teeth (at 3.10am!). His female companion even started singing at that hour and I had to bang on the wall to try to get a bit of quiet. There was a lot of activity in the corridor during the early hours, with people not attempting to be quiet. This made me think I might have been in an area of the hotel where staff had rooms.
I had very little sleep during my stay,as apart from the noise mentioned earlier, there was some sort of generator that kept coming on throughout the night.
Apart from one young receptionist (who was very friendly) the staff were disinterested and hard to find. Overall the worst hotel experience I've ever had. Unfortunately I hadn't read the reviews before booking. I won't make that mistake again!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SAS866
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

The worst hotel I've ever stayed in... Cigarette packets, building materials and old carpets in parking area. Receptionist disinterested and rude, dirty, dated room with no hot water. Breakfast seemed ok but sausages raw inside, beware!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I booked the Stoneycroft for a one night stay for me and a friend. Prior to booking I did not read the reviews and when I went onto to tripadvisor to look it up I was shocked! Upon arrival I expected the bad service/dirty room as most of the reviews on here have stated. I couldn't have been more wrong. The receptionist was pleasant , our room was clean , Wi-Fi was very fast. Yes the hotel is rundown, decor isn't great, and our room look like it hadn't been updated for the past 30 years. However, for the price we paid (£45 for a twin room including breakfast) it really isn't that bad! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sw57
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My stay here was far from satisfactory, paid £88 for 3 nights and the only positives were the bed and the breakfast. Decor was very dated and my room was up lots of stairs and round corridors (with squeaky floorboards). Wifi was free but not that reliable. Went down to breakfast on the first morning and was joined by a drunk group of people with alcohol (at 8am) who then started shouting at the staff and became abusive. I had no hot water, the light in the bathroom didn't work and the door wouldn't close properly due to a lump in the floor (luckily I was staying on my own).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business