Stoneycroft Hotel
US$100
Ibis Leicester(Leicester)
US$73
  • Restaurant
Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$74
PremierInn.com
US$74
PremierInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I loves the stoneycroft hotel It haves everything I need my girlfriend couldnt get enough of our room and enjoyed relaxing with the tea and coffee the hotle giving us the bathroom ond toilet is like hotels I have stayed in befores very pleased too have found this hotel I loves it

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dave d
Reviewed 22 June 2014

on arrival the receptionest at 1st was very friendly until she tried to check us in and couldnt find us on the syste bearing in mind it was booked weeks ago in the end the problem was sorted and we was given our room key once in the room we were appalled by the state of the room dirty walls and carpets and the wall lights were not working there was also broken tiles in the bathroom and the shower head was mouldy.when we came to flush the toilet it wouldnt work my partner ended up fixing it however it broke again soon after .trying to sleep was an issue as there was a high level of noise from other residents staying couldnt shut the window as it was to hot .breakfast in the morning was loverly however the service was really slow and i didnt get what i ordererd and all tho myself and my partner ordered at the same time he waited nearly 15 minuets longer the finally straw was when my partner used the disabled toilet the seat broke .on checking out we explained all this to the receptionist who in the end gave us a partial refund if ever we need a place to stay in leicester again we would pay that little extra to stay somewhere else than stay here a most dissappointing experience

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 839trish
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location but is absolutely vile!!! Our room was meant to be ready for 2pm but they still hadn't cleaned it by 4pm! The shower was broken and everywhere was dirty and smelly. My partner woke up in the middle of the night and realised we were being eaten alive by bed bugs and there was blood all over the sheets!! He went to reception to complain and ask for a new room but all they offered was the restaurant floor! Ended up sleeping in the car and demanded a full refund! The staff were very unhelpful and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do anything about the bugs!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank beck1730
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I booked the 'honeymoon suite' room as we were passing through Leicester between weddings. All we needed was a place to sleep so a 3 star hotel would suffice. We arrived late at night, exhausted from traveling a long way and found it odd that we were asked to pay before evening seeing the room/checking out. The room was at the back of the hotel in a very dingy hallway. We weren't prepared for what awaited us; dirty yellow pillows and curtains, brown marks on the wall above the head rest, filthy carpet and a toilet that wasn't working properly. We flushed it on arrival as it didn't look clean and that was when the banging noise started- it didn't stop. I'm 6 months pregnant so needed a toilet so this was the last straw. I went back to the reception desk to explain what the problem was and had to demand they actually bother to come and have a look. The guy on shift wasn't apologetic about the room when we expressed our dissatisfaction more very accepting as if this is a reaction he gets all the time from guests. We got a refund and got out as fast as we could. As a result we ended up having to sleep in the car as no other hotels were available in the area. At no point was there any apology for putting us in this situation. I would recommend paying a little extra for a Holiday Inn rather than staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014
7  Thank Spice M
Reviewed 6 May 2014

On a positive the bed in the double room was really comfortable and the room clean and tidy. Nice to have decent sized mugs for complimentary tea and coffee. The girl on the reception was incredibly friendly. The breakfast was also really tasty, with the breakfast room really nicely laid out.
On a negative however, the first single room my daughter was put in had a non flushing toilet, and the second room had a big damp patch on the ceiling, a leaking U bend and looked like it was probably haunted. Consequently, she slept on a sofa in my sons student accommodation instead.
In conclusion; you get what you pay for, and at £45 a night for a double room incl. breakfast is quite good value - if you can cope with the dodgy decor and lack of television and wifi!

Room Tip: Book a double room and avoid room 29 at all costs unless you are a ghost hunter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family