“Awful.”

Frankie & Benny's
Ranked #550 of 1,155 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Awful.”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend visited and only wanted a dessert. Was around 10pm.Walked in and sat immediately and we ordered just two milkshakes. There was a decent amount of staff on considering how empty it was so we chatted expecting the milkshakes to arrive. After half an hour the milkshakes were finally brought to us and they were disgusting. Mine was supposed to be peanut butter and all I could taste was creamy water even after giving it a good stir. We both took one sip and agreed we couldnt have anymore. Our waitress stared at us a few times noticing we werent touching the drinks but never asked if we were ok. So after another 15 minutes I took them to the bar and informed I wouldnt be paying. In fairness the bar girl was very apologetic and offered replacement/refund but I explained I didnt wanna have to wait another 20 minutes for a drink. Ver very dissapointing to what we thought would be nice end of an evening.

• Visited June 2014

Leicester, United Kingdom
“5* service”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Visited here last Saturday with my family and will definitely be back! Although was busy, from the second we walked in to the moment we left, myself and the kids loved every minute! All the staff seemed to be enjoying themselves but our number one favourite is without doubt, Karloss. He was a great help and informed us on how to leave feedback, which I feel is most definitely just. My girls fell in love with him. He was just fantastic. From our drinks, to our meals and Including desserts, Karloss made sure we had everything we could have wanted, and in great time too. Clearly a natural, thank you Karloss, see you again soon!

• Visited May 2014
“Disappointing food bad service”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

After a great breakfast service at the Nottingham restaurant we decided to give this one a go.
Mistake, food was terrible and the service was worse. Items ordered were not brought, over cooked omelettes with very little filling. Coffee was awful. If this was what they do for a simple breakfast with the restaurant only a quarter full, I dread to think what they manage for a busy dinner service.

1 Thank mrs_fk
Torquay, United Kingdom
“1st time was good, 2nd time was a huge let down...”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We went to f&bs last week and had the 2 course set menu int he evening, The starter wasn't great, we had potato skins but the bottom of the skin was completely burnt and tasted awful so we had to scrape it off, we also ordered the cheese and bacon fries for 4.95 to go with our starter and they were not great, not very much cheese or bacon on them for the price.
The main courses were really nice and very large portions, Our server was Jennifer and she was so nice and really looked after us.
So we returned for lunch the next day as their lunch menu looked good...The service was the worst service i have had in a long long time. Firstly when we walked in a man called sureenas just walked by and said someone will be with you soon, Not even a hello to begin with. We sat down for our food, after our drinks order was taken it took 10 minutes to arrive but they missed one drink after asking FOUR members of staff the second drink it finally arrived a further ten mins later with our starters. Our starters and main courses were both very nice, though my husband had to send his meatball starter back due to it being cold and with the kitchen being open i could see the chef was very angry that we had sent it back. Anyways over all food was nice...
The service was so slow, again sureenas walked by i asked him TWICE for a refill on my drink and after 20 mins of waiting again it didn't come so i had to go to the bar to get it and surprise surprise no one was there...
The bill took 15 mins to arrive to us, then there was a dessert charge on it (which we didnt have) after telling the girl to take it off a further 10 minutes later we still had NO bill! The guy sureenas was very rude and couldn't be bothered to do his job properly, the staff were slow and rushing around, not a relaxed atmosphere at all. I wouldn't recommend eating here, with all the lovely restaurants around highcross area, there is far better places with more professional staff to go and eat.

1 Thank Rnrdavies
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Nice food, shame about the service”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Went for a quick bite and found that the food was quite nice. However, I found the service to be awful. After waiting for our second drink to arrive for 25 minutes we told them to leave it as we had to get going and we had both finished our meals, we had no apology only a bored look. It felt more like we were irritating the staff by being there than anything else, which I found to be very rude.

3 Thank KT120