“Friendly staff and above average rooms”
Review of Croft Hotel

Croft Hotel
Ranked #36 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff and above average rooms”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at the Croft Hotel for one night after visiting friends. My first impression of the hotel was good; the decor and building itself was lovely, and the staff were polite and endeavored to give all the information that I needed. I liked that the front door and each floor had a password-protected door as I felt safe and secure staying there, though after ringing the bell to enter the hotel I did have to wait a couple of minutes before anyone answered.

The room itself was on the second floor, and though small, it was nicely decorated and well presented. The room had an ensuite, though the sliding door had a small gap between it and the wall so it wasn't as private as I would have liked, but this wasn't an issue really. The room overall was clean and had good amenities, including a heater that was well appreciated as the room got rather cold at night.

Something that I was rather surprised about was that there was no toiletries included in the room (apart from a Travelodge soap left on the bed with the towels). Even a small shampoo or shower gel bottle would have been appreciated as I couldn't see any local shops around to buy anything if I forget them.

Overall, the service was good and the rooms were above average, and I would definitely consider staying again the next time I am in Leicester.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Balatonalmadi
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I think the staff at Hotel Croft can attest to the fact that I am a very patient guest. I specifically asked for an in-suite room, which they completely forgot about. I did not make a scene and they promised to move me to a new room with a shower on the 2nd day and to an in-suite room on the 3rd day. However there was no heating at all. And then two things happened on the 2nd day, which resulted me bolting to another hotel on the 3rd day (which BTW turned out to be just as bad but differently). 1, the 2nd room had a cupboard in front of the radiator which told me, there's absolutely zero chance for heating in this hotel and 2, there was no hot water by the afternoon on the 2nd day. The guy told us, complaining guests, that there's no need to worry and went back to playing snooker. By next morning there was no hot water and I left the hotel early.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Leicester hotels

Leicester
Reviewed 1 October 2013

What a great experience! Im a new student at U of L and needed a place to stay at the last minute.. This was the second hotel that my taxi driver and I checked out, and it cost less than half the price of the first one (coming from oil rich Alberta, Canada, I thought that even the other place was affordable!)

My room was small, but tidy and clean with new furnishings. The best part of this was their free wifi; it was never an issue and both my computer and phone were quick. The room that I booked made use of a shared bathroom in the hallway, which was fine by me, but there are also rooms with ensuite bathrooms.

Even the free breakfast in the morning was great! Full english style, with cereal and milk/juices laid out. Above all, the service was not only courteous and attentive, but also helped me out with some newcomer questions.. Unreal stay and I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Manchester, England
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Just need somewhere to sleep for a weekend trip to Leicester. The hotel is under new management and they were very helpful and approachable. The room was clean and tidy. It was good value for money and would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JamBrit
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I had a great time at Croft hotel! The staff was very friendly and always willing to help and support. They really do their best to give customers a great experience at the hotel. Had a good time and would recommend it.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ana l
Reviewed 6 September 2013

What makes this hotel wonderful is the people who run it. I had accidentally arrived in the great city of Leicester a day early and needed a place to stay. Had I known how good this place was I would have arrived a day early on purpose!

Admittedly my room looked like they could do with a refurbishment but the new staff informed me that that is exactly what the rooms would soon would be getting. They have only recently taken over the business but if they hadn't of told me that I wouldn't of know as it is an extremely well run place. They even picked me up from the train station!

After my experience of this hotel I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in Leicester!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rodin3
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

After reading some of the other older more negative reviews, I can tell you that this hotel has recently been taken over and we really enjoyed our stay. We came to leicester for a gig at the 02 academy and the hotel staff even dropped us off there to save us getting a taxi, excellent service. The room was neat and tidy and the breakfast was lovely. Staff honestly couldnt do enough to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Plenty of parking and easy access to city centre. Thank you for a wonderful stay Croft Hotel!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends