“Spot of lunch ”

Bru Coffee & Gelato Leicester
Ranked #3 of 21 Dessert in Leicester
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Leicester's first late night coffee offering with the best Gelato in town. Our Gelato is made locally on a farm in Leicestershire developed for that unique creamy 'Bru' flavour.Some of our latest flavours include the Fizzy Cola sorbet and the Stem Ginger Gelato.Also Leicester's first authentic Liege Belgian Waffle, made fresh to order.And not to forget the best cup of coffee in town.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Spot of lunch ”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I went to Bru with my wife and kids today for a few sandwiches, hot drinks, cold drinks and desserts well what can I say friendly staff very nice desserts and hot drinks and cold drinks and the toasted ciabatta sandwiches were also delicious all in all very pleased with the the service and quality of food and drinks and the atmosphere was also relaxed very pleased indeed I will surely revisit keep up the good work. Virgin mojito sorbet is a must!

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Average experience second time round”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Went to Bru again after work with a colleague, as we loved it the last time we went and thought we would definitely go again. We found parking and went inside, noticed it was busy and popular which is great as the last time we went the place sure was lovely.

Looking at the different ice cream choices was nice, they all sounded lovely.

Decided to go for a scoop of cola ice cream and stem ginger. As one was a sorbet and another an ice cream I asked for it in separate bowls as I didn't want the flavour to mix and the consistency to mix, the lady at the till said 'well I will have to charge you for single scoops' I replied nicely 'so I am paying an extra £1 just for a bowl' she rolled her eyes really rudely, tutted and said 'fine' then she turned round and asked another staff to serve them. After all the attitude they ran out of glass bowls anyway and gave the tiny scoops of ice creams in a cheap plastic bowl which would only fit one scoop. I am not cheap and never look at money for quality but the principal, didn't expect the attitude as the last time the staff were lovely.

Was disappointed as had an amazing experience last time. My colleague also thought the experience was not as good. Stem ginger ice cream was gorgeous. Friend said his cake was just okay.

Not sure I would go again, I guess if I was craving the lovely ice creams for £1.95 for a tiny scoop I would go.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Husain K
BruLeicester, Owner at Bru Coffee & Gelato Leicester, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Husain K,

Firstly I would like to thank you for returning to Bru. Your first review was fantastic and much appreciated, your latest review even more so.

I am very disappointed to hear of the service you received and in particular the attitude of the member of the team that served you. Your query was more than valid and you should not have been responded to in such a way.

We have spent a lot of time and effort building the right team to represent the business - and this is definitely not an example I am proud of.

Rest assured I will be taking immediate action to make sure such a situation is not repeated and the team recognise the Bru values and take great care in delivering a quality experience.

I have also made sure there is enough glassware available to serve all of our guests in the correct way.

I cannot apologise enough for your experience and hope you will try us once again.

Meanwhile I will be in touch to get more details of your visit.

Kind regards,

Hamza
Bru Coffee & Gelato
Leicester
Leicester
“Great quirky cafe!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The panini I had was delicious as was the waffle with gelato! The theme of the cafe is quirky and definitely welcoming. The service from waitresses was great and I loved how comfortable I was there wit a 6 week old baby! The only downfall I have is that my panini was warmed up in an oven type thing whereas I believe it would have tasted better toasted in a panini make! Other than that everything I had was tasty especially the gelato!

• Visited July 2014
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Great place”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My wife, my baby and I went there for lunch and dessert. Very yummy waffle, very nice tea and sandwiches. Babies friendly!! Definitely going back again ❤❤❤❤

2 Thank Muteb0505
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“My new favorite place, love it!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Regular visitor here, and today with for a well deserved treat and boy was it was well worth the 30 day wait!
Though it seems small I was able to easily drive in with my LO's Oyster stroller and park it at the back as I popped him into a high chair, no problem.
Quick and efficient service, with a variety to choose from.
I order the mega Big Strawberry and cream sundae, which was lush, the best bit are the cinnamon chunks in the centre, a must try.
I def will be back x