“Eat and be Happy :D”

Ranked #169 of 1,155 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Fast food, Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Cash Only, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: HI this is AJS burger van located on de montfort streetopenig hours; 5pm to 3am mon-sat 5pm to 2am sunday.
London, United Kingdom
“Eat and be Happy :D”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Scrumptious food made with pride and a reasonable price. Open till really late which is awesome for those burning candles in the library. Great service and always a delight to eat.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Damystique

“Chilli-sauce heaven”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

When I was a student at Leicester Uni, living in Opal Court, I would eat AJ's lamb doner kebab, or chicken kebab at least twice a week. Their chilli sauce is the kind of thing wars are fought over, it's just that good. The best part of AJ's on De Montfort atreet is the service. No matter whether they are closing or just opening up, they will go out of their way to make your order exactly how you like it. You can even order using text messages or facebook and pick your food up while you have a quick chat about football.

Head over for a solid serving of chips, kebabs, and burgers the next time you're craving a late meal.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rohit J
“Why you not going?!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Wonderful food and the owner is always happy to have a conversation with you! Probably the nicest man I ever met! He cares about your well being aswell, so it's not just business.
When I moved to Leicester I didn't have much food and I had no idea where any of the shops were,so AJ's food saved me!
I normally get the burger meal and the chicken nugget meal. Both really good and I strongly prefer it more than Mc Donald! I do recommend you to try it when you are in Leicester, you would not be disappointed!!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Tin W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“kindness service and best burger”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I'm live opal for the past 9 months. The AJ's cheese burger is the best burger I have ever eat. especially the burger sauce which is great. the chip is also good. love the AJ's chips

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Zhou Y
Toronto, Canada
“THE ABSOLUTE BEST take-out kabob I've ever had in my life.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

When I lived in Leicester, I literally survived off Beef and Chicken Kabob.

I cannot begin to express how awesome their chili sauce is and how amazing their food is. If it wasn't for these guys I probably wouldn't have gotten through law exams. These guys are the nicest people you'll ever meet. If I EVER go back to Leicester, I will absolutely stop buy the truck on De Montfort. Their cheery personalities and their delicious food will be sorely missed. Thanks for the great food guys!

-Chandler