“Will Make it a Regular”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Derby, United Kingdom
“Will Make it a Regular”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I live in Derby but work in Leicester, we went to this restaurant on a works night out. The food, service and ambience was exquisite, without costing the earth! My colleagues and I, will definitely make this a regular! I wouldn't even think twice, however, about travelling from Derby to Leicester, just to bring my husband for a meal! It's that good! Food and service this good is worth travelling for!
Even the patio area outside looks good and you can eat out there too, whatever the weather!
Well done EFES Mangal BBQ keep up the good work!

Leicester, United Kingdom
“A nice find”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Came here after a TripAdvisor search... great value, huge tasty portions and a relaxed atmosphere with friendly staff - will definitely go back soon...such a treat to discover such a nice find!

1 Thank Peter G
Leicester,
“WHAT AN AMAZING FIND - thanks to Tripadvisor”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were looking for a place to eat for my Husband and I Birthday which the Mother in Law was paying. We came across the reviews for EFES and it looked so appealing we decided to chance having a meal there, Well We cannot sings our praise to much. The restaurant has a lovely relaxed feeling to it, The staff are amazingly helpful and attentive without being intrusive. The Food is a work of Art. Our Hot Meze starter for 3 was a very full plate with something for everyone on it. We are given complimentary bread with dips and then we all tried the Beyti dishes which were substantial and beautifully laid out. DONT make the mistake I made and had a 2nd round of bread as it meant I could not finish my main dish. Would highly recommend a visit to EFES.,

My only slight negative observation is that it was a quiet night and the music was pretty loud. lovely Turkish music but at times bad conversation difficult

1 Thank Bibbabear
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Authentic Turkish cuisine (only been back from there a week, so we should know)”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Having just come back from out 15th trip to Turkey we were pining for some authentic Turkish food when, while have an excellent pint/whiskey in the Black Horse, we spotted this place right opposite. What an excellent choice. The menu contained just what we were looking for, and there was even some jolly good Turkish wine to choose from. The staff were lovely and the prices very reasonable. It's a bit far from Plymouth to visit too often, but next time we are in Leicester, we'll definitely be back - and we're planning to take Turkish friends to treat them too!

2 Thank LadyBeresford2013
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good place to go”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I visited this restaurant few days ago with my friends. The service was excellent and the food very tasty. I will come again :)

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member