“Fantastic”

EFES Mangal BBQ
Ranked #23 of 1,259 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic Turkish restaurant in Leicester also LICENCED, we are proud to say that we are the biggest Turkish restaurant in Leicester, With over 20 years of experience. Also the same owner as ISTANBUL RESTAURANT ON NARBOROUGH ROAD.
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Great food, huge portions, good value for money and great service! Lovely holiday atmosphere! Like being back in Turkey! We will be back!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Visited Efes Mangal with my wife on a Friday night.
This place is really good. On arrival we were greeted by staff with genuine smiles and shown immediately to our table, we were asked if it was ok.
Immediately given menus and asked if we would like drinks and made to feel at home.
The staff were all really good and very attentive, nothing was too much trouble.
The food; well it was just amazing, we had a mixture of cold and hot starters, the courgette fritters were so tasty, as was the dish made with green beans(I cannot remember the names of the dishes). There was a varied choice but not so much that you are torn between choices.
The main courses were really good too, I had the mixed grill and my wife the lamb chops. All done to perfection, tender meat, well seasoned,well presented and a full satisfying meal.
There was some different flavourings on the salads;we asked about it and within minutes the waiter had bought us a pot containing the dry dressing, thank you.
To my knowledge this is the only licensed Turkish restaurant in Leicester.
It was a really nice experience both for the service and for the food. The restaurant is spotless and you are not crammed in.
Altogether a top place to eat. Will definitely be back.

3  Thank james t
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner decided to try Efes Mangal after my mum recommended it to us. We went on a busy Friday night and the waitor couldn't have been any nicer! As there was only a free table by the door he offered to place us in the garden, but we declined as we didn't want a fuss :) The food was very generous and so delicious. Absolutely loved the atmosphere, although a bit loud but I can't complain as it is such a lovely restaurant and that is normal for a weekend. I recommend the lamb casserole if you want a good hearty, filling meal. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! We'll be back for sure.

2  Thank emmamaeCP
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Can honestly say the best food I've ever tasted to this date. The service was spot on too! I would highly recommend (Especially Couples) for a nice romantic meal! :)

4  Thank Yad134
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Have visited numerous Turkish restaurants but Efes is definitely one of the best.Food is always well cooked and very tasty have vested and had takeaways which are equally as good.Friendly efficient service and good value