“What do you expect???”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I have visited this restaurant many many times over the last 5 Years, mostly at lunch time when the buffet is priced between £4-5 EACH. granted the food is not the best but this is definately the cheapest chinese restaurant i have come across. The lady that runs the place, really short, only one that smiles is a lovely lady and seems as though she needs somebody to help her more dealing with customers... At £5 I PREFER this over a. Mcdonalds.

1  Thank thesecretinspection

Reviewed 5 November 2011

Stay well clear of this place. The food was indescribably bad. I said at the end to the person on the till that I did not want to pay full price because it was so bad, and was told that I had to pay. I paid on my credit card in the end in the hope that I can call up and have the transaction reversed.

1  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Been a couple of times because its cheap and eat as much as you want , however this time i went it was awful. The service was appauling, they tryed putting us on the end of big table with people on, so we had to move the table apart ourselves. They were rude and didnt smile once, it felt like they didnt even want us in their restaurant or anyone else for that matter. When we asked for tap water they said it wasnt working, which obviously wasnt the case. Although for what you pay the food is ok and has all the basic chinese dishes, however i wouldnt say it was high quality.

1  Thank elliemae94
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Staff - not welcoming, showed no interest at all (not hard to fake a smile)
had to move place as chair was broken

Food - Awful, worst chinese I have ever tasted. Examples include: Duck - yes it is supposed to be chrispy but this was rock hard and dry with no pancakes or spring onions. Onion rings not really chinese but again stale and old.
Prawn toast - burnt and stale... been left over for a while i guess.

Main meals again tasteless. left over from lunch or day before, nothing was really hot, rice seemed dry.

Never again - how they have not been closed down by causing food poisioning i don't know.

2  Thank lans_11
Reviewed 15 September 2010

When we arrived, we were greeted by a very unenthusiastic waitress, who showed us to a table for two, even though there was three of us, which simply had another chair pulled up to it. However it was only set for two people and it was cramped. We were asked what drinks we would like, and were told that there was a 30p charge for tap water (is that even legal?). Once our drink order was taken, we were told to "help ourselves" to the buffet. The range of food was not great, but it had the basics. Most of the food was well below par, the meat was mainly chewy and the sauces were too thick and sometimes lumpy. I also noticed that while they advertise being vegetarian friendly, the only real food that was vege were the starters, such as chips and onion rings, even the spring rolls had meat in them. the rice was tasteless, and the only good thing I could say about it at all is that they do very nice chips, which, when you think about it, doesn't say much for a chinese restaurant. Also, I refused to eat the dessert, as the "fresh fruit salad" was brown and the cakes looked like they had been sitting out all day. Whilst we were there, our plates were not taken away regularly and we were not asked if we would like anymore drinks or if we needed any help with anything, I also got the impression we were just hassle for the staff and that they didn't want us there. Once we all arrived home, we all started feeling very sick and generally ill, although we had felt fine before we went. I would not go back there again, except maybe to complain face to face to them, and I definatly would NOT recommend them to anyone.

2  Thank charleynicolle