“Nice dinner”

Ranked #216 of 1,155 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Just around the corner from the Grand Hotel, Zizzi in Leicester has been welcoming the people of Leicester (and any other nice people) through its doors, offering tasty Italian food and great service. Ideal on match days when on your way down to Welford Road or the Walkers Stadium, and now just a short walk from the newest attraction in Leicester, The Curve Theatre.
Morton, Illinois
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

What a lovely place. I had a nice dinner with a starter of antipasti. The entire dish was great.
During the entire dinner, the staff has been great checking often and providing good advice (suggestion) for the dinner.
Definitely a come-back restaurant when I will be in town.

Visited June 2014

“First time”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Not really a fan of italian food but have to say i was quite impressed with the service and the food will def return with my partner at point

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Ok for what it was”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I went out with friends to celebrate their 30th, the restaurant itself has a nice feeling about it.

In regards to the service, you can be waiting 5-10 to get served just for drinks, the cost of drinks in here are really expensive for what you get (not worth it even for a glass of coke make sure you have enough funds to pay for a flat coke).

In relation to the staff faces during the stay was like smile it wont hurt you, even the duty manger she looked angry, this was not what you wanted to see whilst waiting to order for drinks/meal and even eating your meal.

The cost of some of the food is a rip off, and be very careful if you think going for the 3 course meal deal works out better NO it does not so just chose from the menu.

When I told my friend that I had received a email offering me a free main and a bottle of wine, she went to speak with them and, they told her that there is nothing they can do and that she would have to pay for what she ordered. They saw it was her birthday as her husband had balloons on the table and gift giving, this was a shocking response from Zizzi, This was a very low point that I have seen from Zizzi's.

I have visited this restaurant many times before, and over all I would say that they never come across as "we want you to enjoy your visit, to me its like lets get you in, wait to order, bring drinks and your food and then crab your cash and get you out".

Zizzi do better and take note that word of mouth has a big roll to play in return and new visits.

• Visited May 2014
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Fantasic Itellian food, brilliant value and really good service”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We really enjoyed a Sunday afternoon eating at Zizzi. This was our first time and it certainly won't be the last!. We always order and share our dishes and this is a fantastic tip to make any restaurant experience special.

To start we had Cicchetti Platter, which was a big WOW!. For main we shared Crab linguine and Calzone.

Another top tip, we used Voucher Code app and got 25% off. Which if nothing else allows you to leave a nice tip for the service which is very good indeed.

You must try this or your simply missing out.... Enjoy!!

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Reliable choice”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

This is one of my favourite Zizzis. The food is always great and the staff are friendly and helpful - whether it is a weekday lunch or for a weekend dinner.