“Great location!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

WendyBham
Vancouver, Canada
“Great location!”
Reviewed 10 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

The location could not be more convenient. The flat itself was clean and comfortable, although in retrospect we wished we'd noticed it had a double bed rather than a queen. It did, however, come with the most through briefing book I've ever seen! Despite it being right in the downtown core, we never felt unsafe; quite the contrary. We would definitely stay here again.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Neaks321
Essex, United Kingdom
“Perfect... I felt right at home!”
Reviewed 9 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Well what can I say, I love renting from Ur stay apartments when visiting Leicester for business purposes. It is affordable and everything up to customer service is spectacular!!

This is the 4th time I have booked with Ur Stay apartments and you guys have never let me down. The young chap who checks you into the apartment is very friendly and approachable and made sure I had everything I needed at all times to make sure my stay was as comfortable as possible.

You guys offer great prices too and the location is breath taking. Keep it up guys and I will be seeing you very soon for my next stay... P.s thanks for the take away menus, they are always such a help after coming back to the apartment from a long day at the office. 10 out of 10!

Liked best: location
Liked least: I cant find a single flaw
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
AnnDee12
London, United Kingdom
“Do not stay here...terrible customer service, over priced for what you get! Rude company!”
Reviewed 7 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I very rarely write bad reviews and especially because all the previous ones were good. I thought this flat would be lovely... but I felt the need to inform the public of the truth of this company.
I stayed here for a month and at the start I was impressed by the easy contact with the owner as he worked around my arrival times so he was there to meet me. Then...it went down hill.
I arrived at a supposed 'non smoking' apartment, which clearly did have a previous person smoking in it and they later admitted that they did. However, I felt safe and secure so it was fine...I was told the stuffy smell would go away. It didn't. I would wake up in the morning with a cough and runny nose. Later I realised that there was mould around the window in the bedroom...not ideal.
The supposed toiletries that are there (ie shampoo/shower gel/hand wash) were filled with water to make them look fuller...I realised what I was dealing with.
Then the hot water broke. For 5 days I couldn't have a hot shower that lasted more than 1 minute. After trying to contact them, they didn't get back to me until a few day later...not so good anymore.
Just to top it off, the cleaner who came in (supposedly) cleaned the flat, took my personal towel by mistake. When I tried to follow this up I was told she hadn't taken it and it hadn't shown up on the inventory...therefore it's not their problem. After a long back and forth of messages, they agreed to pay £15 towards my towel being lost, and it would take 14 days to reach my account after check out. Needless to say, 14 days have passed and they are now refusing to pay the money.
They took some money off my stay for the hot water problems but please, please....save yourself the hassle and money....find somewhere else! These are the crooks of this world!! It totally not worth it.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
16 Nov 2015
Dear Jennifer,
Apologies for posting a late response to your review but I had fully investigate, all the points raised with the in house management team. To ensure my response is accurate and thorough as possible.

Issue 1- Smoke In apartment
Head of cleaning staff has confirmed that the previous guest did smoke in the apartment. As a result his security deposit was deducted (which clearly states smoking is prohibited in the apartment).
The apartment was deep cleaned, however as the previous guest vacated the same day you arrived, this was not sufficient to completely remove the odor of smoke. For this I accept full blame and apologies.

Normal circumstance we would allocate guests to another apartment (giving the cleaners enough time to completely remove the odor. However on this occasion we were fully booked and could not do so.
Another apartment became available a few days after your arrival and thus you were given the option of moving across. This option was declined by your self, as it was too much of an inconvenience to move, which I completely understand.
The cleaners then left a bottle of Feebreeze Odor remover spray in your apartment to help neutralize the smoke odor.

Issue 2 ? Mold in bedroom.
The site manager checked the walls in the bedroom for damp and reported no damp issues, as the walls were dry and clean.

Issue 3- Toiletries
We are not in the habit of filling up the toiletry bottles with water. Each guest gets a new set of toiletries in their apartment upon arrival.
I?m not sure as to why you would think this?

Issue 4- Hot water
You arrived on Monday the 28th September and the issue was raised on the 2nd October. At which point the on site manager checked the hot water and reported it was working fine. This information was then fed back to your self.
On Friday the 9th October the issue with hot water was raised again. This time an engineer was called out and repair work on the boiler was carried out to rectify the issue. Which was completely resolved on the same day.
The site manager then checked back with the next day to check the hot water was working to which you confirmed all is fine and working.

On the Monday management contacted you to discuss financial compensation for the inconvenience and you were refund 100% the nightly rate for each day the hot water had not been working correctly.
At which point you were also compensated for the smell of smoke in the apartment. As management had felt this was the right course of action to make amends for any inconvenience caused on our part.

Issue 5 ? Lost Hand Towel
You had 3 x cleans during your stay. On The first cleans there were no reports of missing personal hand towels. The 2nd clean done on Monday the 12th October is when you believe the cleaner mistakenly took your hand towel along with the hotel towels. As both our and your towels were all white.
The missing hand towel was reported to management the following Thursday the 15th October.
At which point a full search was carried out by the laundry department and cleaners inventory list was cross referenced for linen items put in / out of your apartment on Monday.
The relevant departments reported no extra hand towel could be located or accounted for as inventory and laundry list matched up with no inconsistences for any additional linen pieces.
As a good will gesture a replacement hand towel was offered but was rejected as you said your towel had sentimental value and a replacement was of no good.
The only alternative was to find the missing hand towel or financial compensation. Which I believe was to the value of �15.
You were informed we would try our best to locate the towel as it was of sentiment to you and to give us up to 14 days to check thoroughly incase it had ended up in another apartment after being washed.
As it turned out the hand towel to this day remains missing and is a misty to its where about.
After the 14-day period management had reached �7.50 the decision that we would pay 50% of the balance towards the towel value at. As we are unable to pay for the full cost of the towel without a receipt of purchase of the towel.

This offer was rejected by your self and after several messages you informed us that you no longer require �7.50.
We are still quite happy to give you the �7.50, for which we will need a forwarding address to post the check out to.
Please feel free to email me at info@urstay.co.uk if this is the case.

Regarding your comments of a ? RUDE COMPANY ? and your closing statement ? these are the crooks of the world ?.
At no point was any member of staff rude or insulting to you, your issues were dealt with fairly, politely and in a professional manner.
You were financially compensated where we were at fault, offered to move to another apartment when certain issues could not be resolved on the day and offered replacement items for your missing items.

I do however respect your opinion and in closing whish you all the best and hope you have a better more enjoyable stay when booking serviced apartments in the future.

Kind Regards
Arif Malik
Chaitanya...
Pune, India
“Excellent stay at Templar house”
Reviewed 19 October 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I stayed in Templar house during the months of August and September for more than a month in total. The stay was extremely comfortable. The check in process was quick, smooth and timely. The apartment had all the equipment you need for a comfortable stay - it was just like staying in your own apartment. I would definitely recommend Templar house for short term stay instead of a hotel.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything about the apartment
Liked least: TV could have had more channels.
Travelling group: Solo
People with disabilities Older travelers
G4042ZQal...
Bahrain
“Good location, secure and helpful landlord”
Reviewed 15 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

the location of the property is excellent in the city center very close to shopping and places of interest in Leicester, It is highly recommended.,

Liked best: location
Liked least: nothing in mind really
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Sanjay D
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent apartment to stay”
Reviewed 1 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I stayed here almost 10 days with my family. The inner condition was excellent which can not predict from outside.

You will feel you are at home while you are in the apartment.

The bedroom and drawing room was big enough for your child. Also the ready to use kitchen will help you to prepare your own food if you dont want to have food from outside.

This will be my first choice next time. Guys you can try once with this... I am sure you will be more than happy.

Liked best: Bedroom and bathroom
Liked least: The internet was not so good
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Benoy T
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay and service”
Reviewed 7 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Me and my family stayed in Templar house for slightly over a month. It has been a very pleasant stay. Arif and Yusuf have been extremely helpful. The apartment has facility to cook which is ideal if you have family especially with small kids. Also the location is ideal with the Charles street bus station and Leicester railway station close by. The city center and leicester High cross mall is near by as well. Having entertainment option like Netflix was really a bonus.
I am really glad that I decided to stay at the templar house.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: nice location , excellent service and good location
Liked least: Nothing that I did not like
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing