“Superb, should have michelin star”

North Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #16 of 1,273 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: European, Central European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: North was set up by good friends who have travelled the world together. We've brought together our experiences to offer traditional British food with a contemporary European twist, a great range of drinks and a warm, friendly atmosphere. We offer something completely fresh for the area including Tasting Menu evenings, Vegan Specialities, Sunday roast and afternoon tea. Our stylishly renovated bar and restaurant in Leicester is located on Hinckley Road close to Braunstone Gate. Pop down for a cocktail or to sample one of our 42 gins or book a table for lunch or dinner. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed 9 February 2020

Small, friendly, comfortable restaurant. Excellent service with staff very knowledgable about their food and drinks. The staff were happy to advise and they are determined to ensure your enjoy your experience.

Date of visit: February 2020
2  Thank GoPlaces634014
Write a reviewReviews (654)

Reviewed 30 January 2020 via mobile

I'd be having to dig very deep to find a negative or criticism about this place. From the off the service was impeccable, the lady at the front of house was warm welcoming and friendly. The atmosphere, though quiet (it was a wednesday) was cosy and intimate. The cocktails were delish, if a little strong for me, but their gin is a must! The wine list was extensive with all the classics and more. I had forest mushrooms stilton and walnuts on ciabatta, my mum the scallops and chorizo; both were excellent with the scallops cooked exceptionally well. We both had duck for the main; I could have done with it slightly pinker, and the fat rendered a bit more (nit-picking here) but it was super tasty and even the side vegetables were crunchy and delicious! The pudding was divine, I had the apple tarte tatin and the pastry was just another level! The brownie my mum had was crispy on top and gooey in the middle, perfect. And to accompany it all a delicious bottle of sauvignon blanc! All in all a great experience and will definitely be recommending, by far one of the best restaurants in the city if not county too.

4  Thank 234katiej
Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

Great find. From entering to leaving the staff could not be more friendly, the place was spotless, not sure how long it has been around but looks new.
The food was very good and not shy on the portion size. The pork belly starter was amazing, cooked to perfection, very well presented.. My Hereford 30 Day steak melted in my mouth. Partner had scallops and chorizo to start with and was very happy, looked very appetising. His main, was lamb three ways, again, portion size was very good and not a bit left.
I was too full for dessert, however, partner had the cheeseboard....this was the only part he was disappointed in, apart from the cheddar the rest were bland, and we have never been offered the type of cheese I associate with a Xmas cheeseboard, I.e. a white cheese with pineapple in it! He described it as vile!
Don’t dwell on the cheeseboard, this place is first class and we will be back....would not be surprised if this chef is on The next Masterchef!

5  Thank graemeg180
Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

Every time we return to North we find it seems to be better than the last visit, which was brilliant, how is that?
Last night the prawns were superb with a bisque to die for, best I’ve tasted with medley of spice and chilli tickling my tongue.
Medley of fish perfect to look at and taste and Old Spot pork a delight, tender and comforting. The other thing we love is the local fresh vegetables another reason to eat here. The wine list is not extensive but every one seems chosen with the food in mind. The Lodi Zinfandel we drank was gorgeous.
Finally thanks to warm attentive staff. Whenever we leave we think why didn’t we come back sooner? We will.

4  Thank Pete J
Reviewed 22 January 2020 via mobile

Excellent as always , great food ,service & atmosphere best venue for Sunday lunch in Leicester. This restaurant continues to keep a high standard of customer service.

2  Thank sam1418