“Leicester's best oriental buffet”

Terra Cotta Restaurant
Ranked #181 of 1,230 Restaurants in Leicester
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We have been coming here for 10 years plus and it is unquestionably the best oriental buffet in Town. It is testament to its quality that despite being close to all the Highcross restaurants and the fact that it never advertises but is always busy.

Here's to another 10 years!

1  Thank Tomboofleics

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I cant tell you how much I love the food here. Its a nice buffet restaurant and most of the time its packed. I normally book in advance to get a table. Great food and very friendly staff. Parking is bit of a problem but somehow we manage to get space in City Council Car Park. I love the saki and so much deserts to choose from.

2  Thank Aruna P
Reviewed 27 May 2014

visited yesterday for lunch on my sons recommendation. £7.80 all you can eat buffet consisted of prawn toast won tons lemon chicken, 2 soups rice, noodles a curry a satay and some veg. all dishes were near to empty and lukewarm people were having to ask for food to be brought out. very disappointed!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We all know the downsides to all you can eat buffet restaurants , but Terracotta is certainly one of the best buffet restaurants in Leicester.There is a huge variety of starters , mains and desserts and a teppinyaki section that cooks food to order so it's piping hot whereas the pre prepared food always tastes lukewarm.
This restaurant provides excellent value for money, although the drinks are on the pricey side . Service is great with plates cleared away very quickly while you 'stock up' again!!

2  Thank BigBlerk
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Terra Cotta must be the greatest success story in Leicester restaurants. I've eaten there many times and it never fails to be great.

I like the self-serve buffet style very much as I like being able to take my time over and between courses. The variety of food is vast, it's always hot if it's supposed to be hot, and I've always found that dishes are replenished as soon as supplies begin to look sparse.

My favourite things on the menu are the sashimi, which I could eat forever, it's so fresh and gorgeous, and the teppanyaki bar, where your choice of raw food is cooked exactly how you want it to be cooked.

Staff are unobtrusive but simply appear as soon as one needs something and dirty crockery is removed so quickly you barely notice a presence.

I have always felt well attended to here and I've been eating in this restaurant since it first opened. I think it is every bit as good as it used to be and will be eating there again as often as I can in the future.

2  Thank Janet D