“First visit, also my last visit”

Terra Cotta Restaurant
Ranked #173 of 1,231 Restaurants in Leicester
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We visited Terracotta in Leicester after a recommendation, I don't know if it was because we visited at lunch rather than dinner, but we were all disappointed.
The food is buffet style, but the pots were almost empty. It was like they didn't want to replenish as it was late lunch time. What was available looked tired and past it's prime. If you offer a buffet, regardless of time it should be well stocked.
The visit put me off, I wont be returning. Felt we paid a lot for not much and what was available wasn't great.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Went here recently on the reccomendation of a friend - and was pleasently suprised by how nice it was (not normally a fan of buffet food). Service was very attentive but unobtrusive, there was a large selection of food on offer which on the whole was very nice. Although busy it was not full so we had no issues getting a table. Very nice selection of desserts. Overall tasty and left full - good value for money.

1  Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Been many many times and went for my birthday recently. Great selection, good sushi, starters and the cook to order hotplate is fantastic. Stonking value and great food.

1  Thank golden25
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We went on a week day evening which I suspect is much the best. Food plentiful, nice desserts that (fortunately) weren't Chinese style desserts, unobtrusive service but attentive and well priced. A good solid family meal out. We went around 6.30 and had no trouble getting a table. It was busy but not full an hour later.

2  Thank Karen L
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Have been to the terracotta many times and have never failed to be thoroughly satisfied.Went on Saturday night with five adults, five children and two babies. Had warned them in advance. To a man(or woman) the staff were kind and courteous. On leaving we caused a minor blockage,my son apologised to the manager who said"no,no its fine it happens all the time". My family and I will always be regular customers.

2  Thank Gillian W