“Good pub food, great atmosphere!”
Review of Orange Tree

Orange Tree
Ranked #115 of 1,153 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Cuisines: Gastropub, Bar, British
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Friends, Ben and Pugsy got let down at the last minute and failed to open a Bar in Goa. Still passionate about opening a bar after getting over the disappointment they went for something closer to home. Leicester - In 1997 it was a vibrant town where they both lived, and they thought they could create something that was ideal for the city and our all their mates.They took the first pub they saw, which was really run down and on a deserted end of the high st.Although the Haunch of Vension was it's traditional name, they felt it didn't quite fit with vision so after a few days in the records office (no internet then!) They found a pub called the orange tree that used to be just 100 yards away from this site. Both the name and the building worked perfectly as they filled it with vinyl, beers and friends, bright colours and old sofas.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Good pub food, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I love this place, it's my favourite pub in city centre. Food is pretty decent as well. Having a pint of beer in the back garden is amazing!

• Visited July 2014
Hey Jojo,
Thanks for your review, we're glad you love coming here... lets keep our fingers crossed for more beer garden weather this year!
Nikki

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Best place in the city centre”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Finally getting around to posting reviews of places in my home town.... Orange Tree has been my city centre pub of choice for may years now and it never disappoints. Always a great atmosphere with a relaxed and friendly crowd, a perfect place to pop in for a pint or cocktail and a deliciously fresh posh sandwich. As others have said, one of the few places in the city centre to catch evening sun in the beer garden out the back. Give it a go, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2014
Alex L, Manager at Orange Tree, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you ever so much for your honest review, it's great to know you enjoy your visits here. As for the 'posh sandwiches' - shucks, you're making us blush! Thanks again, see you soon!
Leicester
“Love this place”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I've been back so many times! Had the pulled pork burger recently and it was so damn good!!! Amazing range of drinks and brilliant atmosphere. Love it love it love it

Hey there!
Thanks for taking your time to review us, it really does mean a lot to us that you enjoy your visits here. As for the pulled pork burger -it's one of our favourites to!
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Can't get enough of this place”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I wish I loved closer to here because I'd make it my local. I love everything about the place. The orange tree chain are always generally good bars but this one I like especially. It is one of the few places in town to have a decent size private beer garden which is great and the cocktails and drinks are good too. The decor is very cool and cosy and I like the selection of art on the walls to buy. Definitely have a visit here day or night you won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2014
Alex L, Manager at Orange Tree, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thanks for your review Katrina, we're glad you enjoyed your visit to the Orange Tree -we wish you lived closer to!
“Mixed review”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have visited this place many of times, it usually is a first choice for catch up drinks with my friends. Atmosphere and the choice of non-alcoholic cocktails is great. Decided to go there with 3 of my work colleagues on 12/07 at 9 o'clock in the evening for few drinks after a meal. We got refused an entry on the door, saying that the pub was full whilst it visibly wasn't and having visited this place many of times I have seen a full pub. There are plenty of great places to go in the city so our evening was not ruined by a great deal, however I was embarrassed about the situation and will take my custom somewhere else from now on.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank imperial .
Alex L, General Manager at Orange Tree, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hi Imperial, we're sorry you weren't able to drink with us on sat 12.07. In order to fulfill our fire safety regulations we have a max capacity that we have to operate within. Although you may not have seen many people inside the pub our beer garden is so big that we could easily have been at capacity with everyone out there. We don't want to turn people away but, we also want to make sure everybody here is safe. I hope you will come back and give us another try. Thanks, alex