“A really friendly experience”

Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park Hotel
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel as I was in Enderby for a weekend glass course. I travelled alone, and the staff were very attentive, helpful and friendly. The room was scrupulously clean, the security was very good, and the restaurant had so many choices for both dinner and breakfast, that I was able to stick quite easily to my Slimming World food plan. I have already recommended Premier Inn to all my 'glassy' friends and family

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda M

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We had a lovely overnight stay here on Saturday. Staff were great, room was clean and cozy and the place had a nice atmosphere. We didn't eat in the restaurant for dinner but did use the bar. Was a little disappointed as the wines I wanted off the menu weren't available and I felt one of the bar staff could have done with some training but otherwise we enjoyed our drinks.
Breakfast was lovely and great value as the kids ate free.
Will definitely return when in the area again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pennyboots
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Needed a convenient base for our weekend with family, and didn't expect to be spending too much time there so didn't want to throw a lot of money at it. This place cost us relatively little for the weekend, and really was good in almost every respect.
I think they are trying to up the game for budget hotels - a lot of things we encountered were very good really, and worthy of more than the 'budget' label.
The room was clean and comfortable. Sure, the tv was an old-fashioned crt, but I only needed it for approximately 20 minutes. And Freeview was available. I've stayed in much more expensive places which have not had the kind of thought-through facilities we had here.
Four specific 'less-than-perfect' observations: first, the bed didn't seem very big (and of course this is perhaps THE most important thing about any stay!) I think it was a standard double bed, despite their publicity advertising 'big' beds in 'most' rooms; second, the corridors (on the ground floor where we stayed) look very tired and sad. They could easily be brightened up, to create a much better impression. Third, despite their best efforts, the customer service experience wasn't consistent. Some members of staff did not acknowledge us - even when it would have been easier to do so than not to do so. And fourth, I regard wifi in the same way as water and electricity - we just need it, and it shouldn't be a way for a hotel to further 'monetise' my stay.
But hey - this place cost us £29 on a Friday night and a few pounds more for Saturday, and we had a relatively comfortable place to shower, sleep, have a last drink of the evening, and breakfast.
I subscribe to the view that 'you get what you pay for' but tbh after two recent stays in a Premier Inn, I think they're worth more than their budget label.
When I need self-indulgence, prolonged comfort and a place to spend time rather than pass through, then I'll choose something more luxurious. When I need a utilitarian place to stay or be based, Premier Inn does the job. Our family live in Leicester now, and we'll certainly be back to Fosse Park.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Arrived at hotel with my daughter and her husband having booked 2 rooms. We were told that there were problems with the booking which was done through Booking.com and after a bit of confusion, we were eventually given keys to our rooms 117 & 119. Having unpacked and leaving the room a few minutes later, another guest who had been allocated the same room, tried to enter the room while I was standing outside while my daughter was in the room next door. I was about to go to reception to complain when Maria the deputy manager came to look for me to apologise for the mistake. She immediately sorted out the problem! I would just like to say how wonderful Maria and her staff were throughout our stay and I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I am working in Leicester for 6 months so have tried a few places now. Premier Inn is pretty good. Rooms are smallish but comfortable, choice of shower/ bath is nice to have, service is quick and attentive. Food good though a little pricy, and nowhere else near so you are stuck with the restaurant. Good car park, and relaxing atmosphere. However I am sorry Premier Inn but you have lost me to the Days Inn given the stupid 30 minute WiFi restriction! When cheaper budget hotels are offering unlimited WiFi, Premier Inn have GOT to follow suit otherwise you will lose more business customers like me. I need to email and Skype my family. I got cut off. That sucks. I felt held to ransom to pay extra for something that should be standard, so unlikely to be returning i'm afraid.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cambridgygirl
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This site is easy to locate and well away from the motorway.Well lit car parking with designated disabled area near the front entrance. Room facilities were fresh and clean. Restaurant had a choice of hot, cold or vegetarian with very friendly and knowledgeable staff on hand. Free 30minutes WIFI was also great.
Overall the facilities were clean and well maintained. Guest area also has key code access security. Fast and friendly checkout process. I will use this Premier Inn again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Late check-in advised but no room reserved when we arrived. Unconcerned staff after long journey. Breakfast chaotic and staff unable to cope.

Stayed at hotel before and it has been fine.

Full refund given.