“Good value”

Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Good stay
A good example of this chain's service with pleasant roomy reception and restaurant area
Average outlook but quiet and no disturbances from other guests
Rooms seem well soundproofed
Staff always very helpful

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I can't fault the friendliness and helpful staff.

The rooms I would say are below the standard of what you normally expect in a premier inn and looking tired and worn.

The shower head bracket in my bath was mounted 1ft above the bath taps which meant you had to hold the shower head to take a shower. No big deal but really why would you mount it there..?

The main reason for the poor review is that the menu was limited to mainly burger and chips or something from the grill. I ordered the mix grill for £15 with an additional 3 sides offer for £2.99 which inc salad, coleslaw and corn on the cob. Now if you read my other reviews you will see I am a big lover of my food and will give praise where praise is due; but for the £15 grill I got half a rump steak (can't complain), one sausage, half a chicken breast (really) and a less than generous half a gammon steak.

Again the staff in the restaurant were really friendly and I am too polite to complain. Anyway I have uploaded the picture to judge for yourselves.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed one night for work, and have done so on previous occasions, too.

I didn't eat at the hotel, this time (I have in the past, and it was good) but I'm happy to say that the Reception check in was fast, efficient and pleasant.

the room was clean and comfortable. I couldn't access the free 30mins wifi but didn't ask Recp for help.

the hairdryer is good but the lead is too short so I had to bend my head - and as it is wired into the left hand drawer, and I'm right handed, it was a little difficult to use.

All in all, a very good hotel, considering the price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in other Premier Inns before the best feature here is the friendly and helpful reception staff. Sadly though I don't think the large restaurant is designed to cope. It took 45 mins from sitting to receiving a first course. I'm still waiting for the next but the waitress walked off before I could ask to bring the main now to save a further long delay. Also why can't we eat food after 7 in the bar which is only a few yards away, seems silly to me.

Lastly is this the only hotel without widescreen TVs?

A hungry guest who won't stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Reviewed 19 February 2014

this was a very clean, modern and well staffed hotel.
everything the traveller requires including a very well stocked bar and contempory restaurant, the hotel is very close to Fosse Park shopping centre so offers lots of different areas to go whether its shopping or food you are looking for.
Its also close enough to the motorway to give you a head start in the morning without hitting the rush hour

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Perfectly adequate for what I needed - just a one night stay. Staff very polite and helpful. Very quick check-in. Room clean and very comfortable - the only thing was I couldn't change the temperate in the room, it was either very warm or turn it off completely but perhaps I wasn't using the controls properly! The room was very quiet, couldn't hear any road noise at all. Breakfast was just OK - my sausages a little tasteless and my scrambled egg solid but there was plenty of choice. I would definitely recommend this Preminer Inn to friends and colleagues who needed to stay in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Ideal for our purposes,close to motorways,very friendly staff in all areas,clean and welcoming
Close to city centre and fosse park shopping,bus routes available if required.car parking available inclusive

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple