Perhaps I should have done some research before booking this hotel, I may not have had such a culture shock. I just thought ' a hotel is a hotel and its in the right place'. How wrong can you be?
The whole place is a bit jaded and in need of a refurb. The reception staff were pleasant enough but it took me three long walks up and down a series of corridors before they managed to get me a key card that would open my room door.
I go to the bar. "Campari and Soda please" "A what? never heard of it".
"OK then a white wine spritzer". "How do you make that?"
"Never mind I'll just have a Bud. Please put it on my room". "Sorry Sir, cash only at the bar"
"You can't charge drinks to my room?" "No Sir".
I go to the restaurant, on an inclusive Meal Deal.
"You can only have Boddingtons or Carling"
"Not wine?" . "No Sir, sorry"
"OK Can I see a wine list?" . "What wine would you like sir? The girl will bring it from the bar"
"OK, whatever.. please charge it to my room". "Sorry Sir, cash only in the restaurant. We can't charge it to your room".
I sit waiting for my steak. I think I will pass the very long time I am sitting there, by posting a review on TA. Oops cant do that.. you have to PAY for internet access.
Its all about managing expectations. Clearly mine are too high. I shall remember this and not book Premier Inn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shop up a storm at Fosse Shopping Park or visit the King Richard III exhibition ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Leicester (Braunstone South) Hotel Leicester
- Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park Hotel Leicestershire