“Culture Shock”

Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Perhaps I should have done some research before booking this hotel, I may not have had such a culture shock. I just thought ' a hotel is a hotel and its in the right place'. How wrong can you be?
The whole place is a bit jaded and in need of a refurb. The reception staff were pleasant enough but it took me three long walks up and down a series of corridors before they managed to get me a key card that would open my room door.
I go to the bar. "Campari and Soda please" "A what? never heard of it".
"OK then a white wine spritzer". "How do you make that?"
"Never mind I'll just have a Bud. Please put it on my room". "Sorry Sir, cash only at the bar"
"You can't charge drinks to my room?" "No Sir".
------
I go to the restaurant, on an inclusive Meal Deal.
"You can only have Boddingtons or Carling"
"Not wine?" . "No Sir, sorry"
"OK Can I see a wine list?" . "What wine would you like sir? The girl will bring it from the bar"
"OK, whatever.. please charge it to my room". "Sorry Sir, cash only in the restaurant. We can't charge it to your room".
--------
I sit waiting for my steak. I think I will pass the very long time I am sitting there, by posting a review on TA. Oops cant do that.. you have to PAY for internet access.

Its all about managing expectations. Clearly mine are too high. I shall remember this and not book Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Spent a night here on 12/7/14. Friendly and attentive staff from beginning to end of our stay
The food was if anything undersold. The images in the menu made it look like typical motorway fare, but it was anything but that. Had the duck parcels and an 8oz burger, both really good.
Only minus thing was the bed could have been a bit softer!
Matt H

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are available
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at this site on business, although I have stayed in others on personal trips. The hotel is very large on three levels with the reception and restaurant in the main building and the rooms in a connected block. The rooms were starting to show their age but were clean tidy and warm. As for the beds always got a great nights sleep in them. Would recommend not turning up at the restaurant before 6pm as there wasn't anyone to seat me until a couple of us started lingering around. Overall now major issues as they say you get what you pay for but at least at the Premier Inn it comes with a cheerful welcome and a have a save journey when you leave, the little things do matter.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2014

What a pleasant stay at Premier Inn Fosse Park. The staff where friendly but professional nothing too much trouble. Made to feel welcome and valued What a change from the norm,!what else can I say Will defiantly choose a Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Once again, a very comfortable night's sleep in a convenient location. On the corner of a hectic junction, but we knew that before we went and the noise was not a problem once inside. Plenty of parking, but two groups playing football in the car park was not ideal.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great to access, easy parking, plenty of comfortable seating in bar/ restaurant, great food and choice, lovely staff, and rooms clean, comfortable, and nicely furnished.
Would recommend this hotel, I have stayed here 3 times, and its been consistently good. Will definitely go again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Clean, Professional, nice restaurant and good quality breakfast. only downside to our stay was we could not connect our Apple TV to the WiFi provided which was a bit disappointing but overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple