“A great stay”

Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here for three nights and really enjoyed it. The staff were very polite and friendly and they checked us in quickly. We stayed in room 153 which was on the ground floor and right next to the car park however we were not disturbed by any external noise during the night. The room was smaller than usual for a family room but there was lots of storage and hanging space. We had the unlimited buffet breakfast in the Thyme restaurant on site, and there was lots of nice hot and cold breakfast food on offer, that kept us full until lunchtime. The hotel is located close to Fosse Shopping Park which was very handy. We had a great stay and would definitely consider staying again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Moy8

Reviewed 27 July 2014

we arrived at this premier inn at 7 oclock at night having had a hard day moving my daughter to cambridge from leicester. The hotel is a lvely looking hotel inside and out. The receptionist was very welcoming and checked us in with no problems, she then asked if we would like a table booked for a meal we said yes please she then had to get on her walkie talkie and ask the restuarant manager if a table was available you could actually see the manager he was about 5 feet away madness . He said no tables available till 8 oclock that night the restaurant was empty we could see that. we went up to our room to get showered and changed the room was very tiny indeed with no air con just a fan that seemed to blow the hot air around the room.

Room Tip: check size of the room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dawn S
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights this week, with a group of friends who I was attending a conference with, and was very impressed by the high standard of service which I received.All of the staff, without exception were professional, friendly and helpful. Their attitude made my stay a very pleasant one.
My room, though small was spotlessly clean the shower was effective; and meals were well presented and appetising.
I would recommend this hotel and have returned home feeling refreshed and cheerful after two good nights sleep.
I have only one minor quibble. Rooms do not have phones and contacting reception immediately is therefore not possible. Hopefully top management are planning to rectify this soon. It seems an odd omission.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nen H
Reviewed 17 July 2014

i rate premier inn, in general, very highly hence reason i choose to stay for a couple of nights here. The reception area and restaurant areas are very nice. Cooked breakfast in the morning was delicious . Rooms were not ready when we arrived but no big deal. once we were able to proceed to the rooms we found that the lift door had been jammed open by someone in housekeeping's trolley. this meant we had to lug our bags upstairs- that really was annoying. lots of guests were having to do the same. the room itself was clean but very small. perhaps i am just used to better rooms from Premier Inn but i would not choose to stay in a room this small again- lesson learned - check room size. the bathroom, again was clean but small. reception and dining room staff nice and friendly and helpful. fine to stay for a night or two but no more due to room sizes..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank christinedumbarton
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Perhaps I should have done some research before booking this hotel, I may not have had such a culture shock. I just thought ' a hotel is a hotel and its in the right place'. How wrong can you be?
The whole place is a bit jaded and in need of a refurb. The reception staff were pleasant enough but it took me three long walks up and down a series of corridors before they managed to get me a key card that would open my room door.
I go to the bar. "Campari and Soda please" "A what? never heard of it".
"OK then a white wine spritzer". "How do you make that?"
"Never mind I'll just have a Bud. Please put it on my room". "Sorry Sir, cash only at the bar"
"You can't charge drinks to my room?" "No Sir".
------
I go to the restaurant, on an inclusive Meal Deal.
"You can only have Boddingtons or Carling"
"Not wine?" . "No Sir, sorry"
"OK Can I see a wine list?" . "What wine would you like sir? The girl will bring it from the bar"
"OK, whatever.. please charge it to my room". "Sorry Sir, cash only in the restaurant. We can't charge it to your room".
--------
I sit waiting for my steak. I think I will pass the very long time I am sitting there, by posting a review on TA. Oops cant do that.. you have to PAY for internet access.

Its all about managing expectations. Clearly mine are too high. I shall remember this and not book Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Spent a night here on 12/7/14. Friendly and attentive staff from beginning to end of our stay
The food was if anything undersold. The images in the menu made it look like typical motorway fare, but it was anything but that. Had the duck parcels and an 8oz burger, both really good.
Only minus thing was the bed could have been a bit softer!
Matt H

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are available
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at this site on business, although I have stayed in others on personal trips. The hotel is very large on three levels with the reception and restaurant in the main building and the rooms in a connected block. The rooms were starting to show their age but were clean tidy and warm. As for the beds always got a great nights sleep in them. Would recommend not turning up at the restaurant before 6pm as there wasn't anyone to seat me until a couple of us started lingering around. Overall now major issues as they say you get what you pay for but at least at the Premier Inn it comes with a cheerful welcome and a have a save journey when you leave, the little things do matter.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business