“Very very clean.”

Castle Park Hotel
Ranked #24 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
“Very very clean.”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Small B&B type hotel. It was spotlessly clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The Breakfast was free and was very nice. Also had free Wifi. Very central location and very good value for the prices they charge. We had a first floor twin room with lovely ensuite and double bed and single bed very spacious.

• Stayed April 2013
MagJ1897, General Manager at Castle Park Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

All feedback is valuable to us as it helps us evaluate our products and services in line with our guests expectations. Thank you once again for your choosing to stay at Castle Park Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I fell in love with this place as soon as I walked in. Well actually with the receptionist who is stunningly beautiful, So maybe my review is a little biased.
It's a strange hotel with the reception manned only until 8pm at the latest but more realistically until the last person checks in. The rooms are large enough with a kettle, iron and ironing board. Also a hairdryer if needed. I found the beds really comfortable and slept really well on both my visits. I stayed in room 303 on my first visit and 304 on my second visit. They were the two singles making a double as have been discussed and I am really surprised to read that people found them uncomfortable.
Breakfast is only served from 8:45 to 10:00 which i find quite bizarre. fortunately this did not cause a problem for me.
It's clean, comfortable and in a great location for the City centre and at the price will be my first choice when I visit Leicester in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TheChris19751

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Having read previous reviews about issues with the kingsize beds being two singles pushed together, I rang twice to change my booking. The staff member tried to put me off this change and it was clearly a common complaint. I eventually managed to get the lady to agree to swap my room but found out this had not been done on arrival. Not only was the bed difficult due to the large gap where the mattresses met, it was hard and uncomfortable and neither me or my partner slept well. The room was overheated and stuffy despite having both windows wide open and staff were conspicuous in their absence. Although the hotel was clean and in a good city location, the basics are just not there to recommend it to others - disappointing.

• Stayed April 2013
Magda J, General Manager at Castle Park Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you for your review. At Castle Park Hotel it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of and service in a relaxed and comfortable environment, I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Customer Service Team at our Head Office. Thank you

Travellers are raving about these Leicester hotels

London, UK
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location for the theatre, only a few minutes walk. The shower in the room could have been more regulated (freezing one moment, scalding the next), but it was clean and the room was a good size. There is no parking at the hotel and the meters outside are expensive. There is free parking on Tudor road which is approximately a 10-15 min walk. It's worth the walk if you are staying for a few nights.

• Stayed March 2013

Bangor, Gwynedd, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Overall a nice, clean hotel in a great central location, with friendly staff, for a cheap price. We found it lacking in a few key areas though; despite costing more, the king sized bed is actually just two singles pushed together, which led to an extremely uncomfortable gap in the middle (not ideal for cuddling couples). The duvet was also only double sized and therefore too small to cover the entire bed, and the other bedding was somewhat flat and tired. We were also given a hand towel in the place of one of the full sized ones, and the continental breakfast was underwhelming. The heating was also not on for most of the time, which was not brilliant considering it was snowing outside. Would be a really lovely hotel if they would address these problems, but as it is, I would have had a more comfortable stay at the travelodge.

Room Tip: Not worth upgrading to a king sized!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny368

Nottingham
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Just stayed one night. Receptionist very friendly. Decor in hotel all looks clean and fresh. Hotel in nice central location. Just booked single room but got nice big double room. Room was very clean. No double glazing so noise from street could be heard - little traffic but there were late night revellers shouting. Heating seemed to go off in night which on a snowy night was not so good. Big disappointment was Breakfast from 8:45 to 10:00. Fine at weekends but in the week it bit too late for me.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Magda J, General Manager at Castle Park Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I'm very sorry to hear about the breakfast time, please let us know next time we will do our best to arrange early breakfast for you!:-)

Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel overnight on a trip to attend some university functions in Leicester. The staff were helpful and friendly, the prices are great. A larger en suite room became available the day I arrived, so I upgraded to that for just £10 more from my single. The linens were clean, the toiletries provided luxurious, the breakfast very decent, and the lovely receptionist offered to make me coffee and brought it while I waited in the lobby till dinner restaurants opened up. The wifi is stable and both the wifi and the breakfast are included.

There is no elevator, so you do need to climb the stairs - and while it's not a 5-star hotel, it is a 5-star review for the good value, cleanliness, staff helpfulness and overall atmosphere. If you want a good inexpensive stay in the very city centre in Leicester, try this place!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo