“Clean, good size room”

Ranked #31 of 48 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Clean, good size room”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for one night. It is being refurbished but this wasn't a problem during our stay and we weren't disturbed. The hotel is basic, but at £55 you expect that. The room was fairly large and very clean, as was the rest of the hotel. The bathroom was very plastic but functional. It was easy to find and there is plenty of parking. Breakfast is in the associated restaurant 50 yards away. I would stay one night again, but don't think I would stay more than a couple at a time.

Room Tip: Stay on 1st floor during refurbishment
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
northampton
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed over on a business trip & checked in quickly. Rooms good, large bed, although sounded like a squeaky camp bed every time turned over.

Didn't eat here but real complaints apart from the sink tap was too low to fill the kettle for a cuppa!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Sunny Scunny
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This was our first visit to Damon's and as it was a Christmas present from myself to hubby I had also booked an overnight stay so we could sample the cocktails on offer! Firstly to the motel, yes there is refurbishment underway, but we didn't find this in any way obtrusive, check in was smooth and we had one of the newly refurbished rooms on the ground floor. It was a big spacious room, quite modern looking with a big comfy bed. The bathroom was nice, again very modern, lots of glass and chrome. Plenty of towels but a bit stingy with the toilet rolls! There were 2 part used rolls which I don't have a problem with, why waste perfectly good loo roll by placing a new roll every time, but there wouldn't have been enough if we'd had more than a one night stay. Good quality body wash and hand wash also in the bathroom. Large flat screen tv, hairdryer, radio alarm clock, kettle, tea/coffee etc, iron and ironining board. Everything was clean, and there is lots on on-site parking, so definitely no complaints with the motel itself. When I booked the stay I had also booked a table in the restaurant, which I'm pleased about, as the couple checking in in front of us tried to book a table for 7.00pm as they checked in and there was nothing available until 9.30 ish which would be a bit late for some people. We went across about and hour and a half before our reservation time, managed to find a seat in the lounge area and sampled the very good if a bit pricey cocktails. I had the pinacolada and hubby had a Damon's ice tea. Warning, on a Saturday night this lounge area is very busy, with people waiting for tables, having drinks after eating, and also waiting for their takeaways (yes Damons does take out!). Due to it being busy there was a small mistake with one of the cocktails, in that it had no cola in it, so it was 3 shots of pure alcohol (gin, vodka, rum), but I wasn't allowed to take it back as apparently it tasted even better than the first one, even though it was also missing its fruit decorations and umbrella!! We were called to our table within about 5 minutes of our reservation time which was good given the amount of people who were there. The restaurant was very busy, a lot of tables crammed together some in unusual positions to try and fit as many people in as possible, for example, hubby and I were a table for 2, one seat was on a long bench and the other was a chair in the aisle, as was the tabel to our right, however at the other side of us was a table for 4 which had been placed sideways on at the end of bench seating, with 2 people at it and the gentleman was pushed right up against our table, its a good job that (a) he was thin and (b) he was bald as had it been a long haired lady I think her hair would have been in our food, we were that close. The waitress was polite and very efficient and the food, which came very quickly was lovely, but we did feel rushed and had had two courses, paid and left all within a little over an hour of having sat down! Breakfast the next day was good quality and plenty of it, but the service was a bit lacking. We were shown to our table, and asked if we would like tea or coffee, and given a menu to peruse. The breakfast menu consists of (1) tea, coffee, fruit juice, (2) choice of cereals or fruit (3) choice of main course, the waitress returned with our coffee and took the order for our mains but at no point were we advised of or offered cereals or fruit! The main courses were very nice and filling, but it would have been nice to have had a choice of cereals or fruit as well. So to sum up, would I go to Damons again? Yes definitely, the food was good and with 20% for being a motel resident, reasonably good value, but I think I would avoid weekends and look to go on week day when it would hopefully be less busy.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor are newly refurbished and more modern.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed here on business as was close to Lincoln and really convenient to my first call. Great value for money, big clean room with massive bed and really hot water in the shower!
I found the reception staff friendly and the breakfast in the morning was great. I would certainly stay here again .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I've seen the reviews and found some harsh. My room was upstairs at the back so quiet and pleasant. The bed was big and comfy. Ok, the shower was plasticky but, functional and unusually the sink not in the bathroom. The TV was flat screen and modern.

The restaurant was across the ways and busy. The food being good but a little expensive though we got a 20% discount.

Sadly, the motel was not near any pub and was on a busy A road.

I would stay again and though there were refurbishments going on, I didn't find it dated in any way.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
england
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed over at DAMONS motel on Saturday 11th jan and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our room was clean and comfortable we had a refurbished room which is a lot better then the previous ones we stayed in here. We ate in the restaurant and it was absolutely gorgeous!! I had the jumbo king prawns and my husband had the famous ribs it was just delicious! Our waitress for our table was very efficient and polite ! Great evening, the only thing I would say is CHEER UP BARSTAFF!!

• Stayed January 2014
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We have stayed over at damons a few times and have always been happy. the food in the restaurant is gorgeous i have never eaten better ribs! we always go away feeling full and satisfied. the drinks are a bit pricey. the rooms are comfortable id definatley recommend the refurbished rooms however as they are alot more modern and clean.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family