“Excellent value for money”
Review of Damons Hotel

Damons Hotel
Ranked #31 of 48 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We found this gem on the internet. Its Damons motel in Lincolnshire. the rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. with all the facities needed, shower , loo all clean. Bedlinen and bed comfortable. hot drinks making facilities, and hairdryer available.

booked breakfast at time of booking room in their American style restaurant, wide choice of American style or English breakfast . too much to eat!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The newly designed motel at Damons ensure that there is a 'bar' in the middle of it - which is well lit up and those with an 'inner' room have their rooms lit up. In this hot British Summer, we had to close all the windows and curtains because the bar became too loud - then those who were in it kept running around the place, banging fire doors etc.

Unfortunately, the night staff did nothing, choosing not see or otherwise. On complaining at 0700 hours the next morning, the receptionist apologized and explained the closing of the bar was early etc. and that we should email a complaint. Our complaint was hideously dealt with and I am still awaiting my response from a curt reply from a 'receptionist'?? Why bother going here if you are going to be left awake, uncomfortable? Used to be a good place, but this bar aspect has killed it for me, as has the customer service (oh and not forgetting the sanitary towel in the toilet roll) - but thats okay, it was wrapped up??

Never again!!!!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else if you want to sleep after you have eaten in the restaurant!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wazmeister

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln hotels

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I wrote a long E mail to Damons Motel on 30th July and still haven't had a reply . I have reduced it to bullet points.On arrival we were allocated room 202 which overlooks the restaurant . Upon our arrival in the room we were a little surprised to see a sink in the main room itself and the shower and toilet via a door . This , in my humble opinion does not constitute en suite .. Upon our return to the room later the room still seemed warm so I opened the window as wide as possible . Unfortunately , whilst admittedly it was a warm summer evening the room itself was incredibly stuffy and completely devoid of any airflow through the room . We both found it very hard to sleep .This was exacerbated by the noise made when doors slam at 2300 hrs and beyond . The other guests weren't completely rowdy but the mechanism on the doors mean that they slam without much prompting . We left at 0830hrs early simply because the room was so stuffy and we needed to get out of there to get some fresh air .Overall I was very disappointed with the Motel .This is despite the fact it was clean, the receptionists pleasant and the water was piping hot . The room itself has decor that is dated and a sink in the room reminded me of a Bed and breakfast from the 70's . The shower room itself had a shower head positioned for a child ( not adjustable ) and not an adult . You have to bend down to wash your hair . I did request a room with a bath on line but this obviously fell on deaf ears as I didn't remind the receptionist when we arrived .The light position shines directly in your eyes in the shower room and casts shadows in the shower giving a very dingy and dated aspect. Directly outside our hotel window was a skip full of rubbish .It wasn't half empty so if it has been filled then why was it not removed asap .The whole experience has soured my view of the Damons Motel and also the restaurant because of the association. Whilst I love the food at the restaurant I will definitely not return to the Motel

Room Tip: Could not help
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy W
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

staid for 1 night my mums 70 birthday rooms ok, but no air conditioning the room was so hot we could not sleep when mentioned about it being so hot the receptionist said sorry all fans were out (we weren't offered any so how would we know there were any fans)my sister found dirty under were in here room not good for first impressions when we checked out they said there was money to pay on the room we had paid when we checked in so how could we owe money there was nothing in the room to buy the computer added on breakfast which we did not have there was no were to relax and chill out before we went for our meal at night or wait for the rest of my family
we had a meal at the restaurant the food was good but we were rushed most of the night my family hadn't sat down before they wanted our ordered no hallo or drinks order were offered my daughter and brother in law had t bone stake which looked very nice but was covered in salt when asked the waters said this is how it comes don't we get a choice on if we want salt or not well in Damons you don't I enjoyed the time with my family but for the money we spent we wont be going again if you want just a bed for the night and have loades of money this is for you not a birthday treat

Room Tip: only 1 disabled room so if you can not do stairs don't go
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Only stayed for one night, but it was excellent. Very reasonably priced, friendly staff, spotlessly clean,and no noise.The motel is currently in the process of being updated, but there is absolutely no evidence of this,we stayed on the first floor which has not yet been touched but even so, the room was really nice.Can,t wait for our next visit.

Room Tip: we have only stayed on the first floor, and that was really quiet, but the motel does have a zero to...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Beverley L
Louth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

After taking my partner out for a meal at Damons, we decided to stay at the Motel to avoid a late car journey back home. The Motel is just undergoing a huge refurbishment and was almost complete so looking forward to seeing it once it's all done!

We opted for the more expensive room to ensure our room was nice and modern and it was! We have a fantastic night sleep and really liked the fact that you can watch movies on demand on the TV!

Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OCrossland
Hull
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Great value for money fantastic breakfast the restaurant is great a must have is the onion loaf we was in room 215 huge cozy bed staff great and helpful free car parking with a big car park and half price cocktails 4 till 7 what more can you ask for

Stayed July 2014