“Watson”

Prezzo Lincoln
Ranked #181 of 447 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, View, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving irresistible Italian cuisine in casual, friendly surroundings, Prezzo uses only the finest seasonal ingredients to create their award-winning pizzas, as well as other dishes prepared with produce sourced directly from Italy, all at prices that emphasise great value for money. Situated in prime and appealing settings throughout London and the U.K, Prezzo's chic, contemporary restaurants are often housed within historic buildings or buildings of local interest. Whatever the location though, Prezzo consistently offers an outstanding venue perfect for informal dining, business meetings, parties and other celebrations, aided by the charming and welcoming staff. Showcasing Prezzo's widely renowned pizzas, the delicious menus also offer a rich variety of antipasti dishes, creamy risottos and pasta, not to mention succulent chargrilled meats, fresh salads and a range of tasty specials for you to try. Finish up with your choice of Italian wine and coffee, not to mention an indulgent dessert, and you will have certainly enjoyed an exceptional Italian meal that you won't soon forget.
“Watson”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

After a family day shopping we decided it would be nice to complete the day with a meal at Prezzos. Having visited Prezzos in Boston Lincolnshire quite a few times we expected their usual friendly service. However, we were to be very disappointed. Arriving on a Sunday at approx 5pm we did not expect the restaurant to be busy, and indeed, there were many empty tables. We were waiting about 5 minutes before a waiter eventually came to speak us even though two waitresses had walked straight past us without acknowledging we were there. On enquiring if a table was available he asked us if we had booked to which we replied no. We were more then happy to accept that there were no available tables, however, it was the manner in which we were told. The waiter was extremely rude, arrogant and was not willing to discuss alternative times for tables. After this we decided to go to Ask italian restaurant who WERE extremely busy, but still managed to find us a table and their service was exceptionally friendly.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Abysmal service with beyond rude staff!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

A group of 12 of us went to prezzo for my friends birthday. After being eventually seated to our table our drinks orders were taken. There was a whole hour and a half gap till we got any food, at this point I had gone past hungry. The waiter mumbled all our courses which is why we had no clue which food was for who.
We were seated near the door to outside which was an issue as the public and staff continued to venture through this door and leave it wide open exposing us to the elements!
We finished our meals and dirty plates were left on our table for ages and I had to go up and ask for the desserts menu even though we were in plain sight of the bar where at one point there were 4 members of staff stood doing nothing!
In all we were in this restaurant 3 hours and when we left they had already set up the tables around us for the next day! We were waiting to pay for ages and I was trying to get someone's attention for the card machine, no such luck as I was yet again out of my seat and greeted with a grunt and another 10 minute wait!
The icing on the cake was the waitress who eventually came with the card machine who was blatantly appalled when we politely asked to remove the tip from the bill, I caught her rolling her eyes three times and was really abrupt!
I have regularly been to prezzo and unfortunately don't think I will be returning as here are a lot better Italians in lincoln that do not ruin birthdays

Visited May 2014
York, United Kingdom
“took my food away not finished and expected me to pay!!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My friend organised a meal out for her 24th birthday, so a group of about 10 of us reserved a table.
We sat at the bar while they prepared our table, as it wasn't ready when we got there which was not a major issue. The drinks were well presented however quite expensive. When we got seated we were sat by the front door which someone had to regularly keep closing as the draft was making us all chilly.
The real complaints however were to do with the conduct of the staff and the decisions of the manager in charge of the shift. I had the spaghetti bolognese and one of my friends had the pizza, immediately my friend noticed that the pizza was cold and almost impossible to cut because it had become hard. Then about half way through my pasta dish I found a hair in my food. At this point we called the waiter over and explained the problems to him, we also asked hi if he could replace the dishes at all. He took my plate of pasta away (presumably to show the hair to the duty manager) and returned without the rest of my dinner and said that the manager had told him the pizza could be replaced, however the pasta would only be replaced with a free coffee!!! I don't even like coffee, and it was only when I argued that he had taken my food away so I couldn't even finish it if I wanted to!
The meal was eventually replaced, however I was left with a sour taste in my mouth about the service and embarrassed about the fuss that was caused over my dinner on my friends birthday meal.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Natalie1146
“Great location on the quay at Brayford pool”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

On the whole I like Prezzo - OK it is a chain & fairly standardized wherever you go, but at least that means you know what you are getting.

This time i don't know why but I was a little disappointed. They waiter was friendly enough, but took his time both to deliver the drinks which we had ordered upon sitting down and to take our order for the meals.

My antipasto was good enough, but the "vesuvio" pizza had so little chilli it might as well have been just a pepperoni. The portions are large enough that nobody could manage a dessert - indeed my daughter could only eat half her enormous pizza, but they do provide boxes to take away anything left over - and she has adopted the "starving student" approach of never turning down an opportunity to eat pizza later.

• Visited April 2014
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Nice food but slow service”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Went here for the first time after the cinema On saturday. Restaurant was packed which i appreciate it would be on a saturday, but we werent booked in until 8:45pm so it was getting quieter by then.

I had the goats cheese starter and wild boar torllini special which was delicious and my partner had the tricolour salad and Chicken and asparagus risotto which he said were nice. We also had coffee and the Sticky toffee pudding and the nutella calzone for dessert.

The food was nice, nothing overly special but you get what you pay for, house red was enjoyable too, the only issue we had was rather slow service. We had to ask twice for the olive oil/balsamic oil and it still never arrived, and we were also left for about 1/2 hour after requesting the bill at around 10:30pm and no-one came to take payment. We never saw our waitress again so assume she may have finished her shift, but ended up having to find someone to take our payment so we could leave.

Overall nice food and ok for a bite to eat but i didnt think much of the service really.

• Visited April 2014