“Ideal location for a stay in central Lincoln”
Review of The Tower Hotel

The Tower Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I can't argue with the price of £70 B&B for a clean, tidy comfortable room. The hotel is a very short walk from the city centre.

Breakfast was fine (especiallly the fresh filter coffee) although the single kipper for breakfast was a rather small portion and served rather plainly with only onse slice of toast. The full English enjoyed by other punters was rather more generous! More toast arrived on request.

The bed was pleasingly comfortable (not two singles pushed together unlike in some chains). The bathroom was clean. One point - the rather old wicker armchair was rather tired, awkward to sit in and needs replacing.

Friendly staff, all locals so they can provide directions etc.

Public car park over the road but you can use the street on a Sat night and on Sundays.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank bobd606

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed two nights in The Tower Hotel and I couldn't fault our experience.
When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff and a busy bar with brilliant atmosphere. Our room definitely had that individual boutique bedroom feel, with feature wallpaper and quirky furniture, with a lovely view of Lincoln Castle.
Our breakfast was lovely with a wide variety of choice. After a busy day exploring Lincoln, we decided to try their A la Carte Restaurant and I'm glad we did! The food was incredible, with homemade bread and flavoured butter. This was followed by a complimentary starter which was a lovely surprise. The whole meal was fantastic and the service was really good too, the staff were very friendly and were a fountain of knowledge about the food and the area!
All in all a perfect weekend away, we will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Amelia116
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My other half booked a night away at the last minute and chose the Tower Hotel due to its location and very reasonable price. We were not expecting too much for the price however, were very much surprised. The room was very clean and tidy as was the bathroom. The furniture was a little old fashioned but was in keeping with the character and area. The staff were friendly and polite.

We booked into the restaurant on the Saturday night. Can only describe the food as fantastic!! Warm bread (the beetroot bread is delicious) was brought to our table followed by an 'amuse-bouche'. We both had duck to start and it was gorgeous. We were then served a sorbet before our main courses. The mains were again fantastic. The service was really good.

There is no hotel parking. However, there is a public car park right outside the hotel and upon leaving, the staff told us to bring our tickets in when we had finished for the day and they would reimburse us.

Overall a fantastic stay and will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jude77
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

On approach to the hotel I thought it was going to be old and a little worn.... Oh boy, was I wrong. The dining room is fresh and modern and the use of mirrors makes a smallish room look so much bigger
We has Sunday lunch 2x chicken and 2x beef very nice and although the beef was pink it was not bloody, I was a bit worried about that but it was fine... Nice fresh cooked veg
Light n fluffy Yorkshire pudding.
I did think the horseradish mash was a bit overdone but the rest was very nice..
Brownie with ice cream to follow ended the meal nicely
Thanks to the tower for a very nice Sunday lunch

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Hassanaya
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I booked a one night escape for myself and my partner for his birthday. I was so pleased I chose this hotel, it was just what we both wanted. Warm, friendly, helpful, great location, very accommodating, tastefully decorated, great staff, excellent breakfast and great atmosphere in the bar area. It was the complete package. Would recommend this hotel. Superb location and nice outside area.

Room Tip: We had room 8. Very quiet and spacious with tasteful decor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank julie h
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Visited for afternoon tea with family for a birthday I was first to arrive, at reception there where two members of staff who both ignored me even though I spoke to them
After a few more minutes someone came and acknowledged I was there and showed me where to wait for the rest of our party.
We were showed into a lovely dining area to a beautifully set table and from there on it went downhill, we had a rather unusual selection of sandwiches, two bite size cakes that were topped with awful synthetic cream! Hard, dry, anaemic looking scones with no butter
At £12.50 per person this was not the standard of produce or choice you would expect or the quantity and really put a damper on my granddaughters 11th birthday treat !!
Previously we have been to Henry's tea rooms and suggest the tower hotel visit there and pick up some tips

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 00cru
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We have stayed her many times over the last few years but on our last visit this weekend, noticed a steady decline in many areas. The noise levels from the bar in the hotel rooms is too much. The bar area is great but the noise needs containing to stop it being too loud in the rooms above. Also our bathroom (which overlooked the main road below) had no blinds worth speaking of, just flimsy nets. Call me old fashioned but I prefer being able to close the curtains and have some privacy when using the bathroom. The shower was dreadful, a pitiful trickle which turned icy cold every few seconds. The bathroom needed redecorating with dirt on the shower door.This was in a superior room so I dread to think what the basic rooms are like. We used to love this hotel but the standards have definitely slipped and won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple