“Disappointed”

and 1 more site!
South Park Guest House
Ranked #15 of 51 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Having booked this guest house well in advance for one night we were very disappointed to find that the owners had booked us on the wrong date. Beware of this! The only plus was that the owners did manage to find another guest house a couple of doors away (the Tennyson), the day before our planned visit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband booked this at last minute so we could stay in Lincoln, as we had friends over from Denmark, and wanted to have a good night out,and didn't want to bother with taxis late at night. It is a very welcoming place, with Jackie at the helm, she was lovely showed us round the public rooms, with everything you would want/need. We stayed in the annex at the side adjoined the the house, aww the bed was so comfy ( as I hate not sleeping in my own), in the room everything you need not scrimped on. The breakfast in the morning was excellent and in the dining room again everything you could want and more, and seems great for catering for children. Would deff recommend it and certainly stay again. Great value for money, Great hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked this b&b as I needed somewhere to stay due to having to be in Lincoln early one morning and didn't fancy an early morning commute. When I arrived I parked on site which was very handy. On entering, after collecting my key, I found myself admiring the public rooms downstairs, the place had a lovely feel about it, amazing attention to detail and was quite clearly run with it's guests in mind. I'd had a long journey, so helping myself to a coffee, which was ready and waiting on heat in the lounge area was great, and I smiled as I looked at the other items that were there on offer, chocolates, cakes, soft drinks, a fantastic touch. My room which I'd booked as a single was a good size, exceptionally clean and had a large king sized bed. The bathroom had quite clearly been refitted recently and was as good as any that I had seen in hotels where I'd stayed, and hotels may I add that were very upmarket, in fact it put many to shame. I am not a great sleeper, so being at the front of the building, I was a little concerned about any road noise. Not a problem, I woke in the morning having slept through, the bed was incredibly comfortable. In the morning I had the most wonderful breakfast, nothing was too much trouble and there was so much on offer. It was then that I met Jackie, albeit briefly during breakfast and my subsequent checkout, but I had chance to tell her just how wonderful I thought her b&b was. This place is a real gem, once again thanks Jackie, I will certainly stay again, even if it is not quite on the doorstep of where I need to be next time, it is worth the extra distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It's often I take the time to write a review while still staying ,but I felt I had to take time out to do this review , South Park b & b is a little gem it's very homely and the room are great we as a party are occupying room 4 & 6 both are decorated to a good standard based on a boutique style . There are lots of nice little touches like in the guests lounge free tea coffee fresh juice biscuits & cakes and lots of little bowls of sweets around ..... We cannot wait to return and would recommend this place again & again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I enjoyed my one night stay at South Park Guest House immensely. I stayed in the annex room and found it to be fantastically clean and well presented. Breakfast was superb and Jackie was a great host. I can't see how she does it for the money she charges! Will be staying again and will definitely be recommending to anyone looking to stay in Lincoln.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the South Park Guest House. Jackie, the owner, was a wonderful host throughout my stay. I needed to check-in early and also borrow an iron and ironing-board as I had to attend a formal meeting shortly after my arrival in Lincoln. None of these requests were a problem for her to accommodate and really made it easier for me on an otherwise hectic day.

The room that I stayed in (#4) was amazing; top class decoration and squeaky clean with all the extras, like a tea and coffee tray with biscuits and quality street chocolates. The bathroom was equally great if not better with its waterfall shower head. I feel a bit bad for wasting so much water but it was seriously great! Ample soft and clean linen in different shapes and sizes were also provided.

The breakfast was very good. I could pretty much have whatever I wanted and opted for the full vegetarian. It was very tasty and lovingly served by Jackie and her assistant. The check-out process also went very smoothly. I needed some local information before leaving that Jackie had no hesitations in providing.

All in all a top-class B&B experience!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here as we were going to see a band at the engine shed.As it was Easter Monday the price was really why we chose to stay ,but the price no where reflects the quality and service you get when you stay here. The room is ideal with so many extras and the bed was Devine am definitely going to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple