“Free breakfast”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Lincoln
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Free breakfast”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Nice hotel, great location. Can be expensive so try and book early to get a reasonable price.
The breakfast is ok but i wont moan as its free!
The rooms were clean with an excellent air con system.
Try the yo yo chinese buffet nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Carlton Colville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed here during my graduation ceremony from Lincoln university. Accommodation was very clean and the maids did an excellent job everyday, so a pat on the back for them from me. The only downer was the breakfast, for it only was available till 9:30, when it should be available to at least midday and the offerings was basic. Just cereal, toast and you can't really have a full English with just baked beans, sausage and scrambled egg. Other than that, everything was excellent, I was on the top floor and it was very quiet, lots of complimentary entertainment on the TV and a great view of the city. Across the road is a 24 hour McDonalds, so can never go hungry, supermarket a 5 minute walk away too. I would gladly stay here again if I ever find myself coming back to Lincoln, but the breakfast is nothing to shout about.
We put a request on the booking and it was followed, so bonus points for that, I wasn't expecting it to be fufilled. I would give 5 stars if it wasn't for the breakfast

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Duty M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lincoln City Centre, responded to this review, 25 November 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us during your graduation. Thank you for your comments regarding our complimentary express start breakfast, our breakfast is under constant review and we value all feedback from our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express on any future visits you may have to Lincoln.

Kind regards,

Charlotte | Guest Service Assistant
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The hotel was in a great location for the price - easy walking distance into the city, Brayford restaurants and walking along the river. We wanted a very "budget" weekend and so had booked a "triple" room for the 3 of us - double bed and a sofa bed. We paid £50 extra per night for this so were a bit surprised to see that the room was much too small. There was no floor space at all with the sofa bed out and no space between the beds. I am pretty sure that the receptionist said she had given us one of the bigger rooms. I don't think so! There were much bigger rooms on the website which should have been used for 3 people. The breakfast was ok - just ok. Good to have free newspapers. Nice, bright dining room but too enclosed and the layout and system in there needs sorting to cope with the busier times. Helpful reception staff.

Room Tip: Our view was into Homebase and its car park - some might have views of the cathedral and city centre...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
DSPENCERPHILLIPS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lincoln City Centre, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for your review, I'm sorry you didn’t enjoy the room experience we do price our rooms for two people, and realise that the floor space is limited for three adults unfortunately our system must allow up to 4 people in a room for bookings of 2 adults and 2 children and the extra person charge is designed to dissuade three adults booking a room with almost all websites describing the sofa bed rooms as maximum occupancy of two adults and two children.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This is a very good hotel - for the price you pay. Rooms are pretty spacious (for the UK), and very clean and new. Hotel is within walking distance of a night out in Lincoln, and there is plenty of free breakfast included.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review, It’s great to hear that the hotel provided you with a base to see all that Lincoln has to offer the team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Holiday Inn Express Lincoln
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Good location, easily accessible by car and ample parking. However it did anger me slightly that a person visiting me was given free parking for buying a round at the bar yet I had paid to stay in the hotel and had to pay £5 for parking.

Breakfast was good with plenty of selection.

I had stayed in a different holiday inn the previous evening and left my phone charger in the room. I asked reception in this hotel to ring for me and find out if it was there. As my phone was out of battery I was unable to do it myself. The girl on reception said they had no direct link to the other hotel but wrote the number down for me to ring when I could. I felt she couldn't really be bothered to help me. It was not busy at the time. Why couldn't she ring.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your review, I'm sorry you felt let down by the service. Please send me a direct message or feel free to call me if you know which staff memeber it was and I will adress the issue, I'm sorry you couldnt call the hotel conserned to retreave your lost property and I am sure that any of the staff would have, had you let us know your prediciment of having no phone battery. The hotel keeps a stock of spare phone chargers that we lend to our guests, as it seams to be one of the most forgotten items in this digital age. I hope we can welcome you back soon for another stay and restore your faith in the brand.

Wallasey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Good spot for exploring the city. Bedrooms were very good and continental breakfast fine, but only sausage egg and beans ...no bacon and egg!!! Carpet in the restaurant could do with renewing or deep cleaning. Elsewhere we couldn`t fault the cleanliness . Temperate in public areas was a bit arctic . Joke coming up.....how do you spot the people who have stayed in this hotel?...they all smell of yucky coconut soap, shampoo and shower cream!!! Fine if you like coconuts otherwise take your own smellies

Room Tip: quieter at the back
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, Feedback both positive and negative is the way we aim to develop in reaching our goal in creating an experience that is spot on.
As a Holiday Inn Express we offer our continental breakfast with three hot items free for all guests, we are constantly looking at our offering and after feedback added the hot items to what was historically only a continental selection. I apologise that you must have stayed with us just before the public area carpets were deep cleaned as we have them done very regularly as I’m sure you can imagine with over 2000 guests a month using the public areas for breakfast alone.

Kingston Upon Hull
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in August. Rooms were clean, and the shower was brilliant! A typical Express by Holiday Inn, it was comfortable, had great staff, a good breakfast is included, and if you prebook in advance of your stay, you can get very reasonable rates.
The hotel is in a decent position, next to a retail park, and a pleasant 5 minute walk to Brayford Wharf and Lincoln centre.
The only minor gripe is that it is quite noisy. You can hear doors opening and closing and showers running in nearby rooms.