“Lovely Chinese Wonderful Staff”
Review of Phoenix

Phoenix
Ranked #122 of 450 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

A lovely visit to Lincoln was topped off by a lovely meal here. Although it is on High Street it is a good 20-30 min walk from central Lincoln so a taxi is advisable if you cannot walk distances. The pub next door was a lovely little place to sit and have a beer, the garden was huge and perfect for a summer pre-dinner beer. We had not booked and were surprised at how busy this restaurant was mid week. They found us a table with in minutes of going in and the staff were very attentive, a family run establishment with father and son waiting the tables. I requested an item not on the menu and they accommodated this with no fuss or need to ask the chef. The tableware is a bit dated and drinking red wine out of circa 1980's crystal wine goblets was not to my partners liking, i thought it added to the experience and made me smile. Food was full of flavour, piping hot and the service was excellent, a certain revisit required when I come back to Lincoln. They do a reasonable priced set menu although we ate from the A La Carte the price was a reasonable £30 a head with beer and wine.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Visited with family for a meal. Staff were fantastic and the atmosphere was great. There were 6 of us around a large round table so there was plenty of room. The décor is light and brightens up the restaurant. The food was absolutely lovely, piping hot and full of flavour. Will definitely visit again

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I usually try and eat here once a month, but have not been for a while. We go just after it opens on Friday and usually have the place to ourselves, as we did this time. As we have come to expect the service and food was excellent and we thought it was up to their usual standards and we left well happy.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I'm not usually a big fan of Chinese food but I've been to the Phoenix a couple of times and the food is really good. Both times we ate from the set menu which had a good choice of dishes on it. Service is good, prices not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

1  Thank David M
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We have been using this place for years. The food is consistently good and the service pleasant. Perhaps it could do with the decor freshening up a little, but the bottom line is what you are eating. It is either this or the Ocean as Lincoln's best Chinese, and this has the edge for me ..... and has the distinct advantage of the Golden Eagle next door where any self respecting bon viveur will find the time to sample a couple of the best real ales in town.

1  Thank TheBlade