202 Guest House
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$85
PremierInn.com
All reviewsparking permitb bcity centrefull englishlovely gardenquiet areaxmas markethome from homevisit lincoln againclean roomsminute walkbreakfast was excellentwarm welcomecomfy bedfresh fruitwonderful hoststea and coffee making facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Only stayed 1 night as a stop-off on our way home from Scotland but will definitely be returning (maybe in 2015 when the castle is fully re-opened!) The room was spotless and one of the best we've stayed in! The breakfast was lovely with real Lincolnshire sausages! Was really impressed with Lincoln, would highly recommend a visit, but beware of Steep Hill - it us as it says!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at 202 Guest House for 2 nights in October. From the initial enquiry to our departure the welcome and hospitality from Elaine, Steve and Ally was first class.Our room was spotless and very comfortable. The vegetarian breakfast was delicious. All three hosts gave good advice on local places to visit and where to eat. The Cathedral pass was an added bonus and a nice touch. Also, the WiFi was superb. All in all I can say this is by far the best Guest House we have stayed at - thankyou. We highly recommend it and if we are ever in Lincoln again would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Neil F
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Beautifully Clean!

I have just spent a couple of nights here at the beginning of October 2013. I asked for a single room and was upgraded to a twin for the same price, excellent service. The room was spacious, well furnished and spotlessly clean, as was my on en-suite with a very good shower.

Despite my late arrival, the door entry code was texted to me and my key was inside waiting for me, all went seamlessly. The owners were away and their full time staff member greeted me in the morning with a smile and her breakfast was perfect, thank you.

Couple of tiny negative points, my room, number 2, was next door to a loo used by other guests and this I could hear being used as and when, not really a problem as ear plugs cured that the second night. Secondly, it's years since I have slept in a single bed that was just 30 inches wide, rolling over tempted falling out! slightly larger beds I feel would enhance a nights sleep tremendously. This is just my opinion and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend, or stay there again, but next time I'll pay the additional monies for a double bed.

Don't let this put you off as everything else is perfect.

Room Tip: As ever, ear plugs do it for me, maybe for you too.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank bonestones
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed at Guesthouse 202 very recently for three nights (literally checking out today but couldn't wait to review the place!). The guesthouse is brilliantly located in picture-perfect Lincoln with an easy walk to the Castle, Cathedral Quarter, Brayford waterfront (where all the funky restaurants and bars are located) and High Street (City Centre). The rooms are impeccable and the en-suite is practically gleaming. The room has everything you need included in the price (no nasty surprises) - includes TV, Wifi, Lovely fluffy towels, and even complimentary cookies and hot chocolate. The breakfast menu is lovely, and the hosts are quite the cooks! Infact, the entire experience was enhanced because of them. They are very warm and are great to chat to about the stuff to check out in town. I have no doubt that this guesthouse is the best value for money you could get in Lincoln. I had a lot of friends staying at bigger hotels during their trip, and honestly I couldn't help but feel a tad bit bad for them. I could not recommend the place enough

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nithya N
Reviewed 4 September 2013

202 West Parade has beautiful rooms and lovely staff. I stayed with my family and was able to see four of the rooms within the B&B. They were all clean and beautifully presented. I stayed in one of the larger rooms off the back of the house which was lovely, and a really nice en-suite. My sister used a shared bathroom which was clean and very nicely presented. Staff are very welcoming and kind. Breakfast was tasty and filled me up for the morning! They didn't even mind us coming in and out all day making several changes for my sisters graduation! Overall it was lovely and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The room I stayed in which was an en-suite (either 8 or 9 I cannot fully remember), also one upstairs which was very large and en-suite are extra nice rooms! However they all seem lovely!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple