“Disappointed”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Lincolnshire england
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have been to this restaurant a few times and felt it was always alright. Last week I went for lunch with work colleagues and if they had not been there I would have complained about feeling ripped off.
I ordered crab and prawn salad which was approximately £10 and as it was crab I would expect it to be pricier. When it arrived it was starter size and the salad consisted of a bit of lettuce, four half cherry tomatoes and some slithers of onion..never been a salad it was garnish and infact colleagues who had a sandwich had more salad on their plates?? There was little crab which was mainly brown meat and a few tiny prawns. Five minutes in a fried prawn arrived on its own? Oh forgot a slice of normal sliced loaf arrived presented like you would see in a transport cafe!!! Needless to say I left disappointed and headed for the shop for a snack! I think it's fair to say not good value for money :(

• Visited April 2014

Sandy, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant place for 'ladies who lunch'.”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a very acceptable place for friends who meet for lunch. The food was good, nicely presented and served in a reasonable time. There's a good choice of light bites and meals. I saw some very nice cream teas being served. The staff are friendly and, as it's in the Carlton Centre, there are no parking problems. Would certainly go again.

• Visited May 2014
“Johnny Cash Night”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We came to the Rod Stewart evening and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, the food and entertainment was first class. We recommended it to family and friends and I organised for 11 of us to attend the Johnny Cash evening.. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. The menu was poor and what was served was awful. I mentioned it on the night and was told burnt sweet potatoes were now they were supposed to be served. However he did give me a free drink!! Which we didn't even notice as no staff lager was served so as the waiter gold us we could get 2 bottles for £5.00 we ordered two at a time. We were then charged 25 bottles at £3.75 each. Our bill for the evening was £501.75. We could have and wk in the future take our custom elsewhere as I don't mind paying for good food and entertainment, but half a tinned sausage, 1 prawn and some baked beans is far from good vie and neither was the half a burnt sweet potato and a small amount of pulled pork. What an absolute letdown. Plus side was Johnny Cash was OK.

3 Thank Kay C
Sandy M, Owner at Number 9 Cocktail Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
So you thought we were pretty bad.

Thanks a lot
If you were overcharged for your beer then it was a genuine mistake and will happily refund the error.

What you actually got to eat was food -mostly home made or local sourcedf

Nachos with Lincolnshire Poachers Cheese

Bread and Butter as much as you wanted
American Hot Dog and Crumbed King Prawn with a Tequila Tomato Dip.
Home made Ranch beans with Belly pork.

Braised Beef and Root vegetables cooked in Budweiser

Mississippi Mud Pie and Clotted Cream
Lemon Meringue Cheese Cake
Dennetts Ice Cream Sundae with Fresh Strawberry
White Chocolate Cheesecake
Cheese and Biscuits for those who requested it
And Coffee if required.
Johnny Cash travelled all the way from Glasgow to perform, was fantastic,.and played non stop for 2 and a half hours.

I apologised to you about the potato, even though didn't want feel it warranted, and got you a drink to make you feel less aggrieved.

From the awful evening as you describe it we took over 40 future bookings for other events.
Either those people are stupid or they disagree with your opinion.
We even had your friends from your party coming up to say what a great time they had and one even asked if he could bring a band to play as it was a good venue.

I suggest as Johnny might say to you.
If you are ever catch the Orange Blossom Special - Give our Stop a Miss!
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“very very good”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have bee a few times now to Alexanders, and have always had a lovely meal, the Staff are very friendly and they do all they can to make your visit as memorable as possible
Kathleen

• Visited January 2014
“Superb”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Been to Alexanders for the first time tonight after being recommended to it by family and the meal was excellent. The service was very good and you can see your food being cooked so you know its trustworthy. Each course for both of us was full of flavour and absolutely delicious and great value for money, can't wait to go again.